Chapter 7- Heavy Machine Gun

Within the bright and sunny training room, White Moonlight Entertainment’s specially invited tactical instructor took out a small notebook and began to record the contestants’ qualifications one by one.

Out of the four trainees, two of them were old partners who had participated in the previous Crosson Show. Zoe was an expert sniper and had worked together with Wen Lin, a support player, for two full seasons. One would act as a scout and call out shots for the other to take.

The other trainee was a potential reserve assault player for White Moonlight’s professional team, Phantom Caesar.

It took Wu Jin a very long time to figure out that Phantom Caesar was this big brother’s stage name.

Caesar shot Wu Jin a grin, his dyed bronze hair fluttering in the wind as he crouched there like a magnificent lion... or a chowchow.

The selection process for the c-position was based on giving everyone a chance to display their specialty, followed by an anonymous vote.

Wu Jin sat obediently in the audience area, and when it was his turn, he sang a pop love song from the blue planet.

“......” The instructor looked down at the information column and was instantly amused––Wu Jin, White Moonlight trainee. Contract signed: 23 hours ago, Training time: 0 hours.

“Alright, vote.”

Wu Jin bit the end of his pen and thought back to his three teammates’ gun performances just now, and voted for the sniper Zoe.

Zoe then won with three votes. The remaining vote went to Wu Jin.

Wu Jin: “!!!” Which person was trying to be cute and voted for me?!

At that moment, the instructor sent him a fond look, his expression declaring his innocence in the matter of this vote.

Zoe’s name now had the letter ‘C’ in front of it. The screen flashed, then switched to display the theme that White Moonlight Entertainment had drawn for the next match––The Wild Desert.

“The second evaluation match will last for a total of seven minutes. It is held within a holographic simulation environment where the desert surface is . Yes, when the time comes, there will be six fans blowing hot air at you. Remember to bring an ice pack before going in so that you can minimize heatstroke.”

The screen zoomed in to display the map of the scene. The instructor continued, “This desert map has appeared on the Crosson Show a total of eight times. Your enemies are the giant lizards that are approximately half as tall as a normal human. Note that there are only a limited number of weapons to choose from; cold steel weapons are basically optional. There will be three waves of giant lizard attacks over the seven minutes, and those who fail to defend themselves during the attacks will be eliminated.”

It suddenly occurred to Wu Jin that this second match was basically a tower defense game played with a small team.

“If the lizards get close to you, a small number of points will be deducted. If no points are lost, a B grade is practically guaranteed. A brilliant performance may result in an A or S grade rating. Remember, your initial trainee rating will determine the frequency of your appearances during the subsequent shows and later matches.” The instructor paused and glanced at Wu Jin, “Of course, exceptions might be made for certain players.”

“Alright. If there are no more questions, we’ll start training.”

Wu Jin quickly raised his hand, “Teacher, what position am I?”

Instantly, four pairs of eyes quickly concentrated on one spot.

The instructor gestured and retrieved the trainee’s performance report from the company system. He received a harsh shock from the miss rate on the report.