Chapter 10- Score

Wu Jin was slightly out of breath under the magnesium lights.

He was still in the same standard kneeling position he had been in ten seconds ago, his body tilted forward slightly, his left elbow on his left knee, his line of sight aligned with the machine gun’s sight.

The camera perfectly captured the teenager’s side profile.

The fine curls were slightly damp from sweat, and he looked like a knight from ancient times as he knelt there. His gaze was ice-cold and solemn through his narrowed eyes, both focused and dashing.

The atmosphere in the arena instantly peaked.

The ladies weren’t stingy with their screams as they cheered for Wu Jin, the number of scrolling comments on the public screen skyrocketing.

The director appeared delighted and made an on-the-spot decision, “Quick, nip the lights. Plug in an advertisement right now!”

Even Caesar was clicking his tongue in praise as he patted Wu Jin’s shoulder, “Great job, bro!”

While they were on camera for a survival show, a contestant’s perceived character was significantly tied to their camera performance. It really hadn’t been an easy task for a little white rabbit like Wu Jin to reach this level within a week.

Although he still wasn’t very familiar with guns, his performance was sufficient to bluff others.

Wu Jin had finally stood up, but he was knocked unsteady by Caesar’s pat, and his cheeks were slightly flushed.

That kneeling position that had amazed the entire arena just now had been in imitation of Wei Shi’s shooting position during that early morning training room session.

According to big boss’s analysis at the time, if the audition had been held to evaluate their ability to survive in a battle royale, then this evaluation match judged their potential performance in a survival show.

The three judges would give their evaluations based on technical ability, tactics, and camera performance. In other words, ‘survival’ accounted for one third, while ‘showmanship’ accounted for two thirds.

Wu Jin had tried to argue that ‘tactics’ was also a survival and combat related component, but he had been unhesitatingly overruled by Wei Shi.

Did pre-selected maps where reference materials were provided actually require tactics?

The desert map had appeared on the Crosson Show eight times. Wei Shi had drawn out and compressed the data from all eight maps to its essence and fine-tuned Wu Jin’s tactical positioning.

As for his shooting––

In the quiet summer night, Wei Shi had pulled Wu Jin over. “Remember. I’ll only demonstrate once.”

The lights in the training room were bright, appearing cold and harsh as they shone on big boss’s body. Wei Shi went from a casual stance to a kneeling position within three seconds, his aura instantly filling the room with an oppressive pressure.

“What are you stunned about?” Wei Shi raised his eyebrows.

Wu Jin got up in a hurry, sat up straight, and watched carefully.

“......” Wei Shi ordered, “Stand over here. Learn.”

——

The lights came on again.

The judges panel had already announced the group’s team score on the stage for Crosson’s evaluation match. All four players qualified.

Zoe and Caesar: A, support Wen Lin: B.