Chapter 25- King

Zoe soon tossed Wu Jin’s reaction to the back of his mind.

According to Caesar’s girlfriend, Red had a long history of being active at a certain well-known building located in the downtown urban area.

The three of them made their way there by following the map, entertaining themselves by eating and playing along the way.

Azure Cosmos was lit up as bright as day even during the night, with the lights, shadows, and smells all infused with wanton revelry. This planetoid that had been forged by cutting-edge technology seemed to never go to sleep; all facilities were open 24/7, overlooking no opportunity to drain visitors’ wallets.

The fine steed that was pulling a carriage to one side of the road snorted. Caesar took a look at the price, then immediately turned around to leave.

“800 credits.” Caesar cried out exaggeratedly. “Why don’t they just rob us directly?”

“That’s what prices at Azure Cosmos are like.” Zoe shrugged his shoulders, “Otherwise, why would they only accept aristocrats?”

As they passed through an outdoor amusement park, Caesar’s eyes swept over an air gun shooting game––players could exchange points for any giant stuffed toy if they accumulated 600 points.

Zoe had a bad feeling. “This fool can’t be thinking of...”

Five minutes later, Caesar had already finished paying and picked up an air gun. He snickered foolishly, “My wifey gave me three tickets. I should give her a return gift...”

There was a bang. Seven rings.

Six rings.

“There’s something wrong with this gun!” Caesar cried angrily.

Zoe couldn’t bear it anymore and pulled him away, simultaneously expressing his disdain for this useless assault position contestant.

After the sniper stepped up, the air gun was extremely stable as it accumulated points from the tenth ring.

The monitoring device to one side suddenly rang out. “Warning, warning, abnormal data––”

Zoe froze for a moment. It was only now that he noticed the ‘Amateurs only, professional players/servicemen should refrain from participating’ sign stuck up on the wall.

Watchmen were already headed their way from behind the scenes of the amusement park.

Zoe made a swift decision. “Little Witch, quickly!”

Two minutes later, when the two on-duty personnel arrived beside the stand, Wu Jin was poking at the target, his shots constantly landing between the third ring and missing the target completely.

The lovely teenager was pouting, looking like a stubborn and soft little animal as he struggled endlessly with the air gun.

One of the watchmen, an older woman, was immediately affected by the cuteness, her voice soft and comforting, “Our amusement park adjusted all the guns last month in order to make more money. It’s not easy to play, and saying that you can exchange 600 points for a stuffed toy is very deceptive. Nobody has gotten one yet. Little brother, how about I give you one in secret...”

Wu Jin refused, his face red.

Caesar couldn’t keep the bitterness from his gaze as the three of them left.

Zoe sighed. “Little Witch, although there was a problem with the gun, your misses––you really need to practice.”

Wu Jin was a little depressed, but he cheered up again after a short while.