Chapter 22- Keeping Rank

“You’re saying that you couldn’t see anyone just now?”

After confirming that they were safe, Thin Fire swooshed out from the dirt and stood up with style.

Wu Jin nodded, afraid of being found out.

Over the other side, Thin Fire had already determined that he had scared the other party away. He dusted the dirt off his face disgustedly, “Has my foundation rubbed off?”

Thin Fire’s skin color tended towards pale. He had darkened his skin color in order to match the currently popular tough guy style, but he had hit his head against the ground just now, and his make-up was now uneven, pale patches of skin showing through.

Wu Jin nodded sincerely, “It’s uneven.”

Thin Fire could only use makeshift methods to remove any leftover foundation on his face.

By the time the two of them left the safe zone, it had already been seven hours since the start of the match.

The distribution of the zones was the same as the map in Wu Jin’s memory.

Based on his view from the top of the mountain––several tens of zones showed at least seven varying types of geothermal heating. The most stable path that would lead them from their current position to the riverbank required bypassing four zones, traveling through six low-heat zones and one safe zone.

As the sun rose, the heat that lay dormant on the surface of the earth seemed to have been roused up by demons.

Most of the water in the plants along the way had already evaporated. At this time, there were still 230 contestants left, but only 25 of them could reach rank A or above.

By the ninth hour, Wu Jin once again noticed symptoms of dehydration. The water he’d distilled from the plants had already been finished, and the vegetation in the low-heat zones were all dried up, making it very difficult to obtain any more water.

Thin Fire’s expression started to darken.

He also didn’t have enough water.

“How long would it take to go back to the safe zone now.” Thin Fire suddenly opened his mouth to speak.

Wu Jin frowned and replied, “Three hours.” He then added, “This area is also a safe zone.”

Thin Fire gave him an incredulous look.

Wu Jin gestured for him to touch the soil, “There’s no geothermal heat. The plants here are withered due to the air flow.”

The sunlight was constantly being reflected between the air currents and the soil, causing the safe zones that were still barely tolerable to feel like hell on earth as the surroundings continued to heat up.

There was no absolute safe zone on the map after sunrise.

Thin Fire finally realized what was going on, and the gaze he used to look at Wu Jin grew deeper, “Continue to the river.”

The safe zones were on the verge of disappearing completely.

Within this extreme, high-temperature environment, picking up a gun and eliminating opponents in order to seize control of the only viable water source had become the only possible choice.

Wu Jin recalled that Wei Shi had also disappeared in the direction of the river.

At the moment, he was already in a bad state. His mouth was completely dry to the point where no trace of moisture could be felt, his heartbeat seemed to be accelerating, but his pulse was extremely weak.