Chapter 118.2- Giant

“Did he discover something about us?” Vera frowned and asked.

Wu Jin took a deep breath, “It’s fine. At most, he’s on guard against us––we’ll try to avoid Wei Yan and head to the Royal Chapel.”

Scenes from the previous elimination matches flashed through Wu Jin’s mind. In the second round, he’d won by using the rules. In the third round, he and Wei Yan had shared the same fate on the altar of the tarot card instance. Wu Jin suddenly thought of how Wei Yan had said–– “We’ll fight again next time.”

After Wei Yan left, the two of them quickly headed towards the other side of the bookshelf.

The other side of the bookshelf was quite messy. Wei Yan had already taken away the books that held important clues, but Wu Jin still flipped through a few more books. Before leaving, he suddenly took out the notebook that the ghost had given them from inside his combat suit and carefully pressed it between the pages of a heavy, ancient book.

“Just in case.” Wu Jin explained.

The chief court painter, Lemoyne’s last painting, and the Royal Chapel with the funeral ceremony. The clues kept popping up, and it seemed that the entire store was only a fraction of a step away––between them and Wei Yan, one of them would have to start the decisive battle first.

Before that happened, he wanted to make sure his chips were safe.

The air in the Palace of Versailles at night was stagnant and still.

By the time the two of them left the library, the survival number on their wrist watches had dropped from 349 to 342. Most players were still choosing to save their strength and avoid losses before the final battle.

“Only 7 were eliminated.” Vera raised her brows.

Wu Jin nodded, “The reward for passing and punishment for failure for the instances haven’t yet appeared. At present, there is a 1/3 chance of winning a green card instance, and 1/7 chance for blue cards. The program team won’t eliminate all the losers from an instance. The players are in a safe situation, so there’s no reason to start fighting.”

Vera smiled slightly, “There’s another way to win. As long as all the players in the same instance are eliminated––I mean, as long as their life-saving capsule pops up, then the team remaining will definitely be the winner of the instance.”

Wu Jin thought about it. It seemed that there wasn’t anyone with that style of play in the Crosson Show––

Vera snapped her fingers, “There is in the Hyacinth Show.”

Wu Jin’s eyes opened wide, “She––”

Vera: “Her name is Lan.”

One hour later, the early morning bell rang out.

The Royal Chapel was to the west of the Hercules Salon. The two of them repeatedly confirmed that Wei Yan had left the chapel before stepping into the darkness one after another.

The chapel was very much in use during Louis XIV’s reign and was then converted for Louis XV’s private use later on. The walls were covered with figures, from the King, to the Dauphin, to noble knights, as well as courtiers and outstanding contributors to the Palace of Versailles.

The chapel was dark and smelled of rosin. Wu Jin had to lift up a lamp and follow Vera to look for the painting. The candle light covered the faces in the oil paintings with a yellow tint, and the pupils painted in intense pigments made it seem like people were gazing back at the two holding the lantern.

Vera’s eyesight was excellent, and she soon called Wu Jin over.

On the wall facing Vera was a painting that was about half their height.