Chapter 26.2- Gun

A while later.

The bidding was concluded successfully.

Researcher Song came out of the conference with the cat in his arms. Even before he saw anyone, the black cat had darted toward the ground, acting spoiled as it rubbed itself against Wei Shi’s calf, its furry tail hooking around the man’s trouser leg.

As it rubbed, it eventually slid to lay down on the ground, revealing its belly.

Seeing that Wei Shi had no intention of holding it and didn’t even seem to want to rub its belly with his feet, the black cat rolled around a few times and could only follow angrily behind the man.

Wei Shi accepted the contract that Researcher Song handed over, then nodded in satisfaction. “Not bad. Get ready, then come with me to see Zhi Wei.”

Researcher Song agreed, then went back inside to tidy up.

His gaze kept returning to Wei Shi’s back as he went, abruptly going still for a while.

“That’s not right!” He slapped his thigh, “Empathy... should mean that he has a good relationship with the therapy companion. Why didn’t he pick up the cat?”

His colleague who was next to him was surprised, “This––might not necessarily be the case?”

Researcher Song’s head turned like a rattle drum, “There are two major elements to empathy.”

“Firstly, the subject’s first contact with the therapy companion should occur within the first twelve hours of the psychological cues. Secondly, they should pay close attention to the therapy companion. Also, this is only the first stage. During the second stage, which is intended to produce an emotional connection, there should be love, possessiveness, desire for comfort, and so on...”

“With the exception of Brother Wei, in every other case, the patient was inseparable from their therapy companion. For example, Big Mao will take his guinea pig out for a walk every day...”

He went still again, “Where did Brother Wei go after undergoing the psychological cues a month ago?”

“According to the lab’s instructions, he spent a few hours with the black cat, then went straight to the Crosson Show for the auditions.” The colleague looked up the treatment records.

Researcher Song nodded. “Alright. I remember now. Go back and check––hey, wait. Who did you guys say that Brother Wei brought in just now?”

A photo was projected up onto the screen.

Researcher Song was a little stunned. “Very attractive... pull up their data.”

Wu Jin, 19, White Moonlight Entertainment, ranked 3rd on the Crosson Show trainee rankings, A grade in the evaluation match, qualified during the 51st round of auditions.

“51st round of audition... Isn’t that the same round Brother Wei was in?”

Wu Jin spent a long time resting his eyes in the lounge. He had drunk a bit of that red wine previously so he inadvertently fell asleep and ended up napping for a while.

While in a half awake, half dreaming state, it seemed that there was a hairy head rubbing against his cheek.

“Brother Rabbit, don’t––”

Wu Jin mumbled as he turned over, burying his head against the sofa cushion. He was taken by surprise by the paws that trampled over his back.

His rabbit wasn’t that big...

Wu Jin woke up with a start. A bolt of black lightning leaped from his back, revealing a pair of faintly glowing green cat eyes. After that, it sprang away to twine itself around the man’s legs, constantly butting its head against his pants and legs.