Chapter 113- Key

The night wind was a little cold.

Wu Jin woke up and looked at the locked bedroom door, his consciousness struggling between a half awake, half asleep state.

His muscles tensed up. He subconsciously wanted to turn the terminal on for light, but his arm was suddenly held down by the big boss.

“Nightmare?” The man asked in a low voice.

The youth stilled, then slowly curled up again, spreading out and relaxing comfortably in the big boss’s arms. His heart beat gently in his chest, and sleepiness rose up again. He spoke vaguely, “Mm... door, locked...”

The memory of the dream receded like the tide. Wu Jin smacked his lips, and his brow finally smoothed out.

“Want the door open?” Wei Shi observed the subtle changes in the youth’s expression in the darkness.

“Yes...” Wu Jin turned over and rubbed contentedly against the pillow, “Want to eat a handheld wrap...”

After saying so, he gave a small snore and passed out again.

Wei Shi paused.

The man slowly turned Wu Jin so that he was face up, his arm reaching over the pillow to pull him close, “Go back to sleep.”

“I’m keeping watch.”

Late in the morning.

Wu Jin woke up after a night of drinking and didn’t remember anything except that he had just gotten a good night’s sleep.

The big boss was already gone without a trace. He flipped through the terminal while brushing his teeth––Wei Shi was currently overseeing a thorough investigation at the Floating City base.

On the desk, the card slot machine inside the dormitory beeped, “You have [1] visitor waiting at the door.”

Wu Jin pattered over to open the door, and Red chattered loudly as he carried a rabbit lamp inside, “Little Witch, set up a voice command, and the lamp will light up at night when you call.”

Wu Jin hurriedly thanked him. Red dusted off his buttocks, then looked at the list that Brother Wei had given him and crossed out an item. “Let’s go have breakfast!”

Caesar was still snoring in his bedroom, and the Floating City base was bustling. Wu Jin queued up from the end of the line all the way to the front, and when the canteen robot swiped his card, it immediately stuffed two handheld wraps at him.

Wu Jin bounced up in delight and was enveloped by the fragrance of the wraps.

After breakfast, Red continued to clear out his list, ordering two small robots to help carry things around, “Hey, the lychees should be chilled before they’re delivered. There should be a box of yogurt ice cream...”

Wu Jin opened the door to the training room, and his brain almost crashed.

Snacks were piled up everywhere. 3000+ entertainment channels were all on and blasting from virtual screens, and the original shabby lounge chair was nowhere to be found. Instead, a small sheepskin sofa had been left in its stead.

A robot opened up a bag of popcorn for Wu Jin, inserted a straw into a carton of milk, and handed it over respectfully.

Wu Jin felt that he was about to be corrupted by this evil materialistic society!

Outside, Red was still pondering, “Give Little Witch another box of lychees. That one with the Tang poem about a visit to the world of mortals...”

Wu Jin, the concubine of the hegemonic city Lord, opened the door.