Chapter 39- Game Theory

The time before trainees made their debut and started their careers was long and boring.

Besides eating and sleeping, it was all training.

They alternated between the various training rooms, doing 8 hours of urban hip hop, 3 hours of popping and locking, day after day, every day, all for the sake of the day of their debut––

No, it was all for the sake of dodging gunfire!!!

Wu Jin performed an unexpected flip and splayed himself against the glacier with a splat. The bullet brushed past him with only a millimeter of space to spare!

The two Dolma Entertainment trainees gaped in surprise.

“That was an evasive maneuver?”

“Doesn’t look like it. How about I shoot again––”

Wu Jin struggled desperately to push himself up. The flexible, agile boy band group lead dancer danced and tumbled in the soft snow, “Wait––!”

The trainee who was holding the sniper rifle saw this and felt guilty again.

Being a survival show trainee was a decent profession. They lived with dignity and died with pride and ambition. How could there be someone who rolled around in the snow until they became a rabbit snowball... He immediately offered, “How about you rest for a while before we execute you?”

Wu Jin gasped for breath, his eyes closed tight as his brain calculated swiftly.

Knowing that he didn’t have much time left, he spoke quickly:

“You started from the southwest and went through ten rooms. Before you came in, you encountered a moth instance. Even before that was a safe zone––the fifth grid was also a safe zone, and the fourth room had butterflies––”

The trainee who’d spoken earlier froze suddenly.

Wu Jin looked at the map. His right hand, which had been clenched tight as he did his calculations, was white at the knuckles. “The second grid... was also a butterfly room.”

The information he had on hand wasn’t enough for him to infer the full route of Dolma Entertainment, so Wu Jin only cautiously reported a timeline that he could be 100% certain of.

The other party soon entered into a heated discussion, and one of them looked excited, “Completely correct. He really knows the rules of the map!”

While they were talking, the man with the sniper rifle put down his gun.

The four people from Dolma Entertainment had all entered the arena after Thin Fire. After the well-coordinated team encountered the mutated peacock moth followed by the poisonous swallowtail butterfly, only two of them remained.

As the competition moved towards the end, the ‘ding dong’ tone that represented the time limit for each instance’s clearance, had become shorter and shorter. The pressure for clearing instances had increased dramatically and cracking the rules of the map had become an elusive golden prize for making it through the map.

Soon, one of the men held a shotgun in hand and came over to Wu Jin’s side. “Put down your gun and give me the map.”

Wu Jin didn’t object and did as he was told.

“What direction should we go next?”

Wu Jin blinked, then pointed towards a direction. “Safe zone.”

“And after that?”

Wu Jin shut up.

The burly trainee immediately raised his eyebrows. He spoke with his teammate, “He’s only willing to report one step at a time for the sake of protecting his own life. It’s not a problem to bring him with us if we don’t give him a gun. As soon as the survival number reaches three, we’ll execute him immediately.”