Chapter 23- Vacation

After Wu Jin fell unconscious, he had a dazzling and fantastical dream.

There was a lot of hustle and bustle, and it seemed that he had returned to the stage of the XX Idol Talent Show.

Under the dazzling lights, the talent show director handed him a heavy machine gun, and the narrow stage became a vast grassland where countless round, snow-white rabbits rolled around.

His field of vision became low and limited. Wu Jin was going round and round as he rolled around endlessly until he was caught and held up by his long ears. He shrank into a little ball, fluffy and soft as he hung on a bush and swayed in the wind.

Other rabbits in the area came by and asked softly, “What kind of rabbit are you? How come I’ve never seen you before?”

Wu Jin was nervous, “I... I don’t know!”

The rabbit was surprised, “Alright. Then! Then you have to hide yourself well. You can’t be discovered, or else you’ll be eaten!”

Wu Jin quickly hid himself in the bushes as the sound of gunfire rang out continuously.

It wasn’t until a long time later that the white, tender little rabbit ball was lifted out by a large hand, his two ears frozen from fear.

“Paws.” The man commanded.

Wu Jin closed his eyes and trembled as he stretched out a paw. A callused left hand rubbed lightly against the little pads on his paw, touching him with ease.

“Enough. I’ll take this one.”

——

Wu Jin slowly drifted up toward consciousness.

The first things he saw were light blue wallpaper, hydrogen balloons piled up in a corner, beeping medical equipment, and plain white bed sheets.

The fragrance of mangoes wafted through the ward.

Zoe pushed open the door from the outside, “Aren’t you embarrassed? This was sent to Little Witch from his fans! You went and ate eight of them just like that! Are you massacring mangoes?”

Caesar tried to explain himself, “Little Witch can’t eat so many. This represents the fans’ good intentions. We can’t waste it...”

The bookshelf to one side of the ward was piled high with letters and the hydrogen balloons in the corner flashed with fluorescent paint that changed colors under sunlight, morphing from ‘Little Witch, I really like you!’ to an animated image––

Silhouetted against the sunrise, a youth flew in the wind with his parachute.

Wu Jin unconsciously blushed a bit.

In the middle of the fruit plate to the right, a little fan had used fondant to sculpt a chibi Wu Jin who was hugging a rabbit and lying down peacefully in a life-saving capsule made out of a pineapple shell.

The heart rate monitor beeped twice, and the two men outside the door rushed over immediately.

“Little Witch!” Caesar laughed cheerfully and waved with the half eaten mango he held in his hand.

“Big brother Caesar, big brother Zoe.” Wu Jin spoke softly, clearing his throat to restore his voice back to its usual cool tone.

Zoe looked very distressed.

Little Witch had been lying in bed for an entire day and night. His small face was pale, his head buried in the pillow, Nobody could bear to see this scene.

Within the past 24 hours, the program crew had used a live stream to collect the audience’s tears––a whole crowd of mama fans were crying as they called for people to vote for Little Witch and buy aid for him.