Chapter 31- Support Position

Thin Fire quickly disappeared out the door.

It was not until a long time later that the beautifying lens lit up at the far end of the corridor. Thin Fire artfully disordered his hair, using the water spray he always carried with him to create the effect of a light sweat. He tugged at his collar and once again looked like a manly man:

“My darlings haven’t slept yet? You’re all still waiting at my studio so late at night. Did you think of me, hm? ...”

Back in the training room, Wu Jin’s eyes were shining as he scurried over to take the big boss’s simulation gun from his hand, setting it down alongside his own like piling carrots back in their place in the corner.

The carrots and carrot tops were all tidy and neat.

Wu Jin was very excited, “Big brother! You came so early––”

He immediately recalled that today was the first position selection assessment, and there wasn’t much opportunity to slack off. Wei Shi had to at least show up and punch in.

He seemed to have never asked what position big brother was planning to play.

Wu Jin raised up his small round face and met Wei Shi’s gaze head on––

The man’s eyes narrowed, just like they had when he had told Wu Jin to lower his head. Only when he saw the youth’s wide eyes did he restrain his expression slightly.

Yet for a moment, Wu Jin seemed to vaguely see that within Wei Shi’s deep eye sockets, his pupils were burning like a scorching desert.

“Scout.” Wei Shi shifted his line of sight away as he spoke in a perfunctory tone.

Wu Jin stilled for a moment. He had imagined the big boss making precision sniper shots, or charging out with an assault rifle. As for the scout position...

On the other side, Wei Shi raised his chin, signaling for Wu Jin to take his assessment report out of his bag.

Wu Jin obediently did as he was asked, offering up the report like a child handing over his test papers to his parents.

At this time, the first round of the assessment was over, and the position scores for all the competitors had been made public.

Based on the highest points for a single position, the highest ranked was Wei Yan with a full score for the sniper position, followed by Thin Fire with a score of 96 for assault. He was tied for second place with Zoe, who had the same score in the sniper position.

Amidst this, Wu Jin scored the highest for the support position at 72 points, but his primary position of choice, assault, was a tragic mere 36 points.

However, Wu Jin wasn’t discouraged, his small curls full of spirit, “There are still two weeks left. With hard training, I should be able to reach 40––”

Wu Jin looked at the big boss’s gaze and immediately replaced it with, “Can reach 45!”

Wei Shi was still unmoved, so Wu Jin upped the number again, “Er, 50––”

Wei Shi glanced him over, and Wu Jin offered weakly, “51...”

Wei Shi stated coolly, “97.”

Wu Jin: “......!!!”

In the evaluation for the assault position, not only was tactical assessment and dynamic target shooting required, there was also a basic requirement for body strength that Wu Jin absolutely was not up to par for. He was 108,000 miles away from 97 points.

In a crowd of burly men, his muscle density and body fat content was far from that of normal survival contestants.

It was said that Caesar had the most standard body type for the competition... When Wu Jin had returned, the assessment teacher had looked at his skinny arms and legs and stuffed him with two cans of protein powder. He had thumped against the ground when he walked.