Chapter 54.1- Underground Match

Underground survival show arena.

The Byzantine dome was like an inverted bowl. Inside the majestic temple-like building, other than the main venue of the underground arena that was so big one glance wouldn’t be enough to see the edge, the rest of the space was divided up like a beehive.

Each hexagon was a separate arena, the walls covered with dark curtains.

In the center of the arena were the red-eyed, constantly raging contestants.

The luxurious audience stands extended from the second floor up to the top and surrounded the contestant and performance areas, appearing a retro light brown color under the dazzling crystal chandeliers. Each level had its own name: ‘Elder, Chief, Ancient, Aristocrat’, and the different regions represented very different ticket prices.

Light and shadow danced on the walls that were engraved with scenes of gladiators, chariots, fierce beasts, and the theme of the arena––

“Colosseo Colosseum (B.C. 72~)”

The stands were filled with people from high society dressed in gorgeous, elaborate attire. These aristocratic ladies and gentlemen, who had come to Azure Cosmos from all parts of the Federation, talked softly amongst themselves in low voices, their eyes shining brightly whenever the conversation took an exciting turn.

Waiters shuttled through the crowd, delivering tea, cocktails, and three-story tower snacks. Youths in light colored uniforms would occasionally pass by with gambling chips in their hands.

A group of smiling aristocratic ladies beckoned to a waiter who approached immediately and bowed politely.

“Yes, beautiful lady, bets can now be placed.”

This corner of the audience stands was filled with enthusiastic chatter and excitement.

“When will the next contestant come out––”

The curtains suddenly pulled open.

A youth wearing a white mask walked into the arena, his slender body pale like honeyed water in the warm lighting. He held a gun in his slender arms, his muscles taut and revealing their slight curves under the light.

The young lady who’d been hesitating over whether or not to place a bet stilled slightly, then quickly opened up her terminal, “Excuse me, I’d like to place a ten thousand credit bet on this little brother.”

There was a commotion from all around her, but the young lady smiled generously.

“&#k2026; He’s indeed not as buff as his opponent, but he’s very cute, like the little cheetah we keep at home&#k2026;”

“Rather than winning, I’m more curious about his appearance beneath the mask&#k2026; If it’s possible&#k2026;”

“Can I send a drink to him later? Of course, price isn’t an issue&#k2013;&#k2013;”

The waiter shook his head regretfully, “Apologies, but it’s not possible for this player. You can consider the other contestants if you want to send a drink...”

The lady seemed puzzled, but as the lights went out and the center of the arena lit up, the audience stands quickly returned to a silent state.

Performance area.

Wu Jin took a deep breath. He stood at the starting point, his gaze quickly locking on the opponent in front of him.

That man was more or less similar to him, with a powerful body and sturdy arms. He had several indistinct wounds on his body, and was also holding an assault rifle. The distance between the two of them was about 100 meters, and sparks flew when their gazes met.