Chapter 38- Analysis

Inside the Crosson Show studio, the two instructors were focusing on the camera that showed Azure People’s Entertainment’s trainees, and the scrolling comments were full of laughter.

The person responsible for monitoring all the cameras in the background was suddenly caught by surprise, “How did the camera in coordinate area (4, 6) break?”

Someone else immediately pressed the system self-diagnosis button, “It was shot. Based on the caliber it should be from a strengthened Bartley sniper rifle. Most likely a moth flew towards the camera, and the contestant didn’t notice the camera while shooting. Did you buy insurance for the cameras?”

The little stage manager replied immediately, “Yes! It’s just... quite a few cameras got burned in the last round, and it might be more troublesome to claim the settlement this time... and the contestant recordings are lost...”

The leader of the production team waved nonchalantly, “It’s fine if it’s lost. Focus on filming the people of Azure People’s Entertainment properly. They gave us money before coming in this time, and we have to give them at least half an hour of screen time!!”

“Oh, yes!” The little stage manager responded quickly and stopped looking into the matter of the camera that had been shot down.

Coordinate area (4, 6).

Wu Jin looked down foolishly at the heavy sniper rifle in his arms that obviously wasn’t his, his memories full of confusing scenes.

First, there was the colorful butterfly, then Thin Fire with the selfie stick, and then he’d obediently followed the big boss and even praised him for being beautiful...

The heavy sniper rifle dropped to the ground with a crash.

Wu Jin froze, then hurriedly picked up the gun again, wiping it clean and returning it to the big boss in a trance... he was just like a rabbit spirit who’d been caught stealing a carrot.

In the dimly lit forest, the man accepted the gun with practiced ease. The emotions in his narrowed eyes were impossible to see clearly.

Wu Jin quickly tried to explain, “Big brother! I, I, there seemed to be a problem with me just now!”

Wu Jin’s brain was a complete mess. If he was a wind-up machine, at the moment, he’d be twisted up so much that nothing could move, all his parts squeezed together pitifully.

The big boss had brought him here, and then that happened... what happened... Wu Jin’s expression was blank, and it was obvious that he hadn’t yet recovered from the aftereffects.

There wasn’t much space behind the bunker. Wu Jin was caged under Wei Shi’s shadow, as he tried hard to explain things clearly, “It was the butterfly! The prompt for the instance indicated hallucinogens! I didn’t notice at first...”

Wei Shi raised his eyebrows and spoke slowly, “Do you remember what you did just now?”

Wu Jin shook his head in a daze.

Wei Shi: “Look down.”

Wu Jin’s amber eyes slowly, slowly crept down until he saw the arena map on his knee in its entirety––the back of it was scribbled full of lyrics.

Gunpoint butterflies, red tomatoes.

Wu Jin: “!!!”

It was clearly his own handwriting on the paper, but the lyrics were so horrible that he could barely stand to look at them. However, the most frightening thing for him was that he’d almost blurted out the tune when he saw the lyrics, just like he’d already sung it many times before.