Chapter 90.2- Triassic Period

The team put together their reports from over the course of the night. There had been no special movements in the middle of the night, but the roving robots from the program group had come over twice. The Lystrosaurus, who weren’t picky about food, had eaten quite a bit of grass, or nibbled at each other, or had been eaten by the Archosaurs in the swamp.

The Archosaurs that lurked in the swamp were nowhere to be seen.

Ming Yao finally relaxed his vigilance and continued to complain about the program group as he opened up the supply box––

“What the hell!” Ming Yao’s brain crashed, “Where’s the Evolution Point? What happened to the Evolution Point we put in yesterday?!”

Wu Jin froze and probed around inside.

The supply box was completely empty.

At the edge of the swamp, the team quickly went back over the events of the night. In the first half of the night, Sora and Ming Yao had been on duty first, then Wu Jin had replaced Ming Yao, then Lin Ke had gotten up to replace Sora. There had always been two of them monitoring the swamp, and there was no way anyone could have snuck in under their noses.

Other than the program group’s robots.

Ming Yao’s expression looked like he’d swallowed two dragonflies as he squeezed his words out from between gritted teeth, “This can’t f*cking be the program group...”

Lin Ke hastened to comfort him, “Think positively. Perhaps it was stolen away by the small animals nearby!”

“......” Wu Jin thought to himself that there were hidden buttons outside the box. It wasn’t like mice stealing rice, or even if it was a monkey, they’d still need training before being able to open a box! However, it was possible for them to snatch it back if it had been stolen by animals. If it was taken away by the program team, then they probably wouldn’t get it back even if they decided to start rapping in front of the camera.

But, since this was a competition––the program group wouldn’t do such a thing for no reason. The emergence and disappearance of the Evolution Points must follow some rules.

Finally, the team of four decided to go out and look around again. They would purposely keep an eye out for anything that looked like they could swallow a cube, or anything that had the bulge of a cube in its belly.

An hour later, the team had combed through the area again before reuniting and all reported that there was nothing of note nearby. Only Lin who was good at catching small animals mentioned that there was a delicious looking marmot-like creature next to the sands of the nearby riverbank.

Wu Jin suddenly interrupted him, “Marmot?”

Lin Ke nodded and gestured, “It’s sunken into the soil and only half of its head is exposed. It’s furry, and looks like it would be lunch if it was plucked out.”

Wu Jin: “......Marmots are primates. They’re one of the species that are most genetically similar to humans––and they only appear after the Cretaceous period.”

Lin Ke was silent for a long time, and then seemed to suddenly have experienced a shock, “!! Holy sh*t! Then what did I see?”

The team quickly followed Lin Ke back to the sand. On the way over, Sora slowly spoke up, “I suddenly thought about how someone once said, if you see the head of a marmot in the ground, you never know what the lower part of its body looks like before pulling it out of its hole. Maybe it’s like a snake with a furry head...”

Lin Ke’s face was pale. After they arrived at their destination, he only dared to point over with a trembling hand.

Wu Jin suddenly thought of something and rolled up his sleeves, “It’s in this direction?”