Chapter 36- Map

Inside the competition arena, Wu Jin quickly picked up the supplies and ran out with Caesar.

The moths wouldn’t take the initiative to attack, but the silver ammonia butterflies weren’t easy to deal with.

Caesar didn’t hesitate to take up the rear position, turning back to shoot as they left. “Little Witch, go over first and wait for me on the other side of the corridor. These insects actually dare to block Granddaddy Caesar––”

The air was filled with flying silver mirrors, and there was no doubt that a round of gunfire would be needed to get out.

The two of them cooperated tacitly.

Caesar protected Wu Jin while Wu Jin protected their materials, using several hip hop style tactical moves to quickly roll and break towards the exit.

Wu Jin hadn’t entered the dark corridor for more than an instant when he suddenly heard a creak behind him––

The exit to the instance closed abruptly!

Wu Jin’s pupils contracted, “Brother Caesar––”

The sound of Caesar’s curses came from the other side, along with the crash of mirror shard butterfly wings against the iron door. Caesar heard Wu Jin’s voice and immediately pounded on the door, “Run, Little Witch. I’ll snipe the king butterfly and come find you. Damn it, this room is sinking!!”

Wu Jin quickly asked, “Going down? Can you hear where the gears are? Brother Caesar––you––”

Within the Crosson Show’s live broadcast room, Blood Pigeon glanced at his watch. “Unfortunately, their time is up. They took too long to pass this instance, and Caesar wasn’t able to get out.”

Ying Xiangxiang shrugged, “According to the rules of the map, if I remember correctly, Caesar may have to stay inside the room for another five rounds.”

Wu Jin stood in a daze in the corridor for a long time, until the mechanical roar finally came to an end.

The youth in the screen stood there in the weak light, his beautiful eyebrows pulled together slightly, making many viewers shout “I want to charge through the screen to give Little Witch a hug!”.

However, Wu Jin quickly gathered his wits in the next moment.

He frowned, then pushed his ear against the metal walls of the corridor, his eyes narrowing slightly. Countless thoughts flashed through his mind––

Caesar was still stuck inside.

From the sound of the gears moving behind the metal door, it seemed that the room was moving along some kind of vertical up and down track, similar to the elevator used to transport players. That meant that in the entire map, each cube only had a vertical range of movement, and there was no horizontal side to side movement or flipping––

This at least disproved his previous speculation.

This wasn’t a Rubik’s Cube.

Wu Jin quickly sorted through the known clues.

Clearing an instance wasn’t the condition for the corridors opening, nor was a certain number of team members required for an instance to appear.

The elevator’s ‘ding dong’ noise represented the end of a time unit, and the start of the next time unit. The silver ammonia butterfly instance had remained open for two time units, the moth instance had disappeared after the previous time unit, and their starting point had disappeared after their team had entered the corridor.

––The time limit for each room was different, and they appeared and disappeared at different time points.

Wu Jin narrowed his eyes. Countless rooms and corridors seemed to flash in his pupils. Across the entire competition arena, during each time unit, the rooms might rise up, or go down, roaring along the dark tracks...