Chapter Ch134.1 - The Third Class

Wu Jin held the gun, then turned around to dismount, directly leading the mare into the Petit Trianon Palace.

Thin Fire spoke thoughtfully, “I remember that there’s parking down there, no wait, stables...”

Vera and Ning Fengbei both retorted, “If the horse is tied outside, then stolen by others, what’ll you do?!”

Now that things had come to this, being the King and Queen tied the Red and White Roses together. Wu Jin and Vera, Thin Fire and Ning Fengbei, were teammates with their names stamped on the invitation cards. The two teams were now linked together like grasshoppers tied together with a rope.

“Put out the wall lights.” Wu Jin spoke concisely.

Vera didn’t ask for a reason and simply did as she was told. After the lights went out, the ghost servants disappeared again.

Thin Fire volunteered to go search the life-saving capsule, but after a long while, he was only able to obtain the heating equipment that the eliminated contestant had with him, “There are 3.5 hours of heating left.”

Wu Jin was careful to maintain a distance between him and Thin Fire in order to prevent being punished for illegally forming a team Most of the wall lamps were doused, leaving only a few weakly flickering candles in the contestants’ hands.

“This is the King’s main room.” Wu Jin whispered. The mare followed behind him, her eyes bright and soft as she leaned gently against Wu Jin. Ning Fengbei stroked the horse’s head, “Why did you want to turn off the lights?”

Under the light from the melting candles, Wu Jin handed over the flyer he’d picked up from the snow to the rest of the people gathered, “An issued mission: Kill Queen Marie.”

Vera was instantly shocked.

Marie Antoinette’s fall would come sooner or later, but it wasn’t expected to come so soon.

“The timeline now should be after the war against Austria, when France was defeated. The people placed their hatred on Queen Marie, who was of Austrian descent...” Wu Jin explained all of this quickly, “Of course, none of this matters.”

The most important thing was this.

Wu Jin showed them his wrist watch. To one side of the wrist watch were lines similar to those on the assassin’s flyer, and the dial emitted a weak fluorescent light that moved towards Vera.

Wu Jin moved to Vera’s left side, and the light changed direction at the same time––it pointed at Vera from beginning to end.

Ning Fengbei understood what was going on instantly. This was simply like being afraid that the assassin wouldn’t be able to find his way, so they’d made an automatic guiding light––she clapped Wu Jin on the shoulder and wanted to break off her relationship with Vera, “Alright, Little Witch have a great time. We’ll be off first!”

Wu Jin pointed to the pattern that was on both the flyer and the watch, where the vines inside the oval badge was wrapped around several small words, “Jacobin Club.”

Ning Fengbei froze.

“The Jacobins were the main proponents of sending the King and Queen to the guillotine. In modern times... in ancient history, it was one of the few ‘righteous and aboveboard’ regimes that pursued a reign of high-handed terror. Now, they’re issuing a call to assassinate the Queen, but it’s hard to guarantee that they won’t issue a mission for the King as well in a few hours.”

Ning Fengbei narrowed her eyes.

Almost every history textbook mentioned the Jacobins, one of the last political groups behind the French Revolution.