Chapter 95.2- Allosaurus

The dimly lit cave was soon set up as a makeshift laboratory, and the Coelophysis that was regarded as the ‘ancestor of the Tyrannosaurus’ was respectfully invited up onto the experimental platform for scanning.

––Although this ancestor was only the size of a rooster, it had been fed by Sora until it was particularly plump.

The Coelophysis’ data quickly appeared on the screen, along with a series of enhancement options.

Body type (20 Evolution Points), Speed (22 Evolution Points), Bite strength (7 Evolution Points), Forelimbs (16) ...

Ming Yao hadn’t finished counting the votes when all four of them pointed towards modifying the body.

The sniper snapped his fingers and pressed down on the button. Quarter of an hour later, the law enforcement machines dragged away Ming Yao’s little dinosaur and dumped a good few dinosaurs in front of the cave.

“Carnivorous, 2-3 meters long, 4 of them. Running speed of 20km/h.” Wu Jin looked at the panel and reported, “Life cycle...”

Ming Yao’s brows were already screwed up into a frown.

It was only about 1/3 of the length of an Allosaurus, and it didn’t even run half as fast. The four dinosaurs could be considered as macarons that the Allosaurus could eat after dinner.

He pulled out another 22 Evolution Points, “Dump it into speed?”

The team all agreed.

A while later, the second group of dinosaurs were sent over. They were still 2-3 meters long, but their top running speed was now the same as the Allosaurus. At this point, they looked more like a certain type of Raptor––although their claws were slightly blunted. They were even covered with fine feathers; this kind of dinosaur usually lived in the jungle...

Ming Yao took a deep breath, “How is it? Can it fight? Our little carnivores are so aggressive. If they evolve, they’ll definitely––”

While he was speaking, one of the Raptors quietly lowered its head and ate a mouthful of worms.

Ming Yao: “......”

Ming Yao: “!! ––It eats bugs? We spent so many Evolution Points to cultivate it, expecting it to fight bravely against other dinosaurs, but it-it-it eats bugs?! Holy shit it even eats grass––”

Wu Jin stared steadily at the dinosaur for a long time, then finally spoke uncertainly, “... An evolutionary decision.”

“Our direction––it might have been incorrect to start with. At the end of the Jurassic period, there were a limited number of large herbivores and a limited number of predators. This kind of dinosaur... it’s bound to fail when it competes against the Allosaurus. In order to obtain enough protein to keep its body functioning, it can only choose to eat other prey, withdrawing from the top of the food chain and transforming itself.”

Ming Yao’s expression changed slightly, and his eyes were depressed.

Wu Jin thought about it for a long time. He looked at the small Plateosaurus that was quietly eating grass and said, “I have a theory.”

The rest of the team all turned their heads quickly to look at him.

“Both the population size and its survival time can be exchanged for Evolution Point profits. If our goal is to expand the size of the population––in nature, the population size of herbivores will always be higher than that of carnivores.”

Ming Yao’s processing got stuck, “Do you mean to say, we should cultivate herbivorous dinosaurs? ... But with regards to Little Plate’s size and IQ, it has absolutely no room for resistance if the Allosaurus wants to eat it.”