Chapter Ch131.1 - Debate

At the six-person council table.

The players sat down on either side, one after another, with a clear distinction between the left and right.

Candle light shone down from the dome. The curtain was at least four meters long, and the silver iris patterned embroidery flowed along the heavy cloth. In the silence, Wu Jin glanced over at the six ‘parliament members’ who had grabbed the seats.

Wei Yan was very strong, and he had a noble card in hand. To Wei Yan’s left was Ning Fengbei. The Hyacinth Show Red Rose could achieve promotion through Thin Fire’s cardinal card. Further behind them was the Marshal Qin Jinbao.

The three groups had sufficient noble cards, and their promotion was guaranteed. Any newly conferred nobles would be regarded as a threat to their rankings by these three groups.

On Wu Jin’s side, in addition to the big boss, there was the commoner Caesar who was still banging on his bowl. Ming Yao’s buttocks were stuck to his chair, his hands jammed on the gun, his sharp eyes darting around, his expression a little anxious––

Based on Ming Yao’s actions, it must be that Zuo Botang hadn’t obtained a noble card.

Three against three. Wu Jin narrowed his eyes slightly.

At the head of the long table.

The King set down Wu Jin’s proposal and spoke slowly, “Titles? For sale?”

Louis XV was taller and more heavily-built than his great-grandfather the Sun King, but his face looked wearier. The Sun King’s great achievements were like heavy stones on the shoulders of this new king, leaving this Louis breathless. He tried his best to imitate the Sun King’s dress and mannerisms, even if the memory of this great-grandfather had already been completely blurred by time.

The proposal was left at the table, and the King’s secretary handed out quills and smooth pieces of paper to everyone, “Gentlemen, please vote.”

The six sheets of stationery were turned in. Wu Jin snuck a glance at them, and it was no surprise that Ming Yao wrote a big &#k2018;YES’, while Caesar had drawn out a checkmark&#k2013;&#k2013;

The King frowned, “The votes are equal.”

Wei Yan, Qin Jinbao, and Ning Fengbei had no doubt voted against it. Wu Jin looked at Louis XV. This King was also the Prime Minister and was the only one in the cabinet with veto power.

“The nobility is the foundation of the glory of France, and I want to hear your opinions.” The envelope for the ballot was held in the King’s hand, and Louis XV’s voice rose abruptly with unquestionable momentum. He rapped on the table with his knuckles, “Use your reason to convince me.”

However, his gaze was aimed straight at Wu Jin, who’d been the one to deliver the motion.

Wu Jin nodded to the King and spoke slowly and forcefully, “Your Majesty, conferring noble titles is the best way to reduce the financial deficit from the war. The bourgeoisie are willing to contribute their assets to your cause. Not only will you obtain capital assistance, you will also have their loyalty. They will gather at the Palace of Versailles and surround you like the entire French aristocracy.”

“This is a business transaction where there is no possible loss.”

Louis XV’s eyes brightened slightly, but he held the King’s vote and looked to the other side of the long table.

Ning Fengbei stood up amidst everyone’s gazes.

From behind Wu Jin, Chu Chu instantly came to attention. She quickly reminded them angrily, “Sister Ning never loses with words. She once made eight Star Blog accounts to fight against 200 anti-fans and still came out on top...”