Chapter 27- Ferris Wheel

The elevator rose slowly from the underground base.

Wei Shi walked in front, with Wu Jin following timidly behind him.

At this time, the big boss had already removed his iconic silver mask, and very few people noticed anything untoward.

Wu Jin’s limbs were abruptly stiff when they passed through the security checkpoint, like a small animal that was being held by the scruff of its neck, his eyes nervous and round as they darted everywhere.

Wei Shi’s steps stopped, and he glanced back carelessly.

Wu Jin could only force himself to keep up.

The metal detector swept slowly across Wu Jin, the alarm lights remaining quiet. As soon as a lethal weapon was discovered, the entire base would be notified in a flash, Azure Cosmos’s strongest defensive system moving to declare war against the perceived invaders.

Wu Jin’s expression tensed up even further as the detector came close to his right pocket.

He looked pitifully at Wei Shi––the man stood in the shadows not far from him, his gaze colliding with his own damp amber eyes.

The thick brows were raised, his eyes gleaming slightly with his amusement at the trembling, quivering rabbit spirit.

Wu Jin’s plea for help failed, and he could only close his eyes in despair. Unexpectedly, the detector then made a ‘beep’ sound.

––Passed through safely.

Two minutes later, Wei Shi led a dazed Wu Jin into the dome.

Wu Jin finally gathered his wits back together and bounced over to Wei Shi’s side. His right hand probed tentatively into his pocket.

“Big Brother! This gun––” Wu Jin’s eyes were filled with inexplicable worship.

“Won’t be discovered.” Wei Shi shot him a glance. This rabbit spirit was more timid than anyone else.

Wu Jin could finally rest assured. His next actions were––to stuff the gun further inside, hiding it well.

Just like a rabbit hiding a carrot.

Seeing that the big boss was watching from the side, Wu Jin was well-behaved and immediately explained, “I’m afraid that it’ll be exposed by accident––”

Not even daring to expose a single carrot leaf.

Wei Shi suddenly asked, “That scared?”

Wu Jin, who was a law-abiding youth of only nineteen, nodded repeatedly.

“Come here.” Wei Shi opened his mouth again.

Wu Jin immediately stood straight, raising his small round face to listen to big boss’s daily lesson––

He was taken by surprise by a flash of cold silver.

Wei Shi stretched out a hand that hovered over his collar.

Wu Jin’s eyes grew wide in surprise. The man’s facial features became magnified due to his bowed head, the contours and shadows around his eyes full of cold majesty as his line of sight swept straight down.

... Big boss was really good looking!

Attractive and good at fighting!

The tips of Wu Jin’s ears were slightly red. He must work harder in order to be worthy of big boss’s guidance and assistance!

“Done.” Wei Shi gestured for him to bow his head.

A small silver mask badge had been added to Wu Jin’s collar. The decoration seemed to give off a gentle luster under the light of the dome.