Ashamed

Ship:Drake (Married)
Requested by:miyoshi49

Drew held Violet, their little adopted daughter. Jake smiled fondly at his small family. They were both beautiful. Buy, ever since they adopted her, Drew's been acting strange. At first, Jake had brushed it off as the initial shock and fear of being a parent, but recently Jake noticed it was deeper than that.  It had to be, and Jake was so worried. His husband had been nothing but wonderful so, why was he so sad all of a sudden?

Drew sat on the rocking chair with their daughter, sitting back to get more comfortable. Jake placed a hand on Drew's shoulder. Drew's smile was bittersweet. He loved this little girl, but was upset about something. Drew kissed her forehead tenderly. She cooes happily at her dad.

Jake kissed Drew's hair, smiling sadly. "What's wrong, Drew?" He asked. "I'm a horrible person." He sighed.

"Jake, why did you fall in love with me?" Drew asked. Jake had this scripted in his head for months buy blanked at the question and then said, "I just...did " Drew exhales again, trying not to startle the baby.

"Drew, you know I love you so much. Don't ever doubt that. What's on your mind, my love?"

Drew sniffles, trying his best for the dam not to burst. Jake's hand in his wrist is what did it. Tears fell on his wrist and Jake's hand. Jake smiled. 'Let it out, love. You've been carrying this guilt for way to long. " Drew smiled back. He had been. He leaned into Jake, still holding Violet, and cried. The guilt of his past actions were killing him now.

After he was forgiven, he kind of forgot about it. He buried his past actions deep inside. After he had Violet in his arms, he started to think about school.

He thought about Violet getting bullied. Her getting teased, it made his blood boil, and the guilt of his past made him want to cry. He was so terrible back then! He was so cruel and it hurt that his baby girl would have to endure someone like him.

He couldn't stand himself. Jake could. Jake balanced him out, he always has. And it was Violet who brought him back into awareness, her soft, deep breaths making him smile before kissing her forehead gently. Jake smoothed her hair out. "She's an angel, isn't she? Just like you, you've changed more than anyone else.  I wouldn't trade you guys for the world. You're my tiny family. " Drew grabbed Jake and kisses him, Jake smirking into it.

Drew leans closer as Jake squats down next to the chair. "I know Jake. I really wouldn't trade this for anything." He sat with a sleeping Violet, Jake by his side.

He was snuggling with Violet, pressing their faces together and cooing. Jake chuckled quietly at his husband. "You're so different, but still the same. With Violet, you are truly you though." Violet grabbed Drew's finger with her tiny hand. Drew looked a bit surprised before melting and stroking her hand gently. She opened her eyes and laughed, causing Drew to blush, he was surprised. A giddy laugh escaped his lips. He was now seeing Jake's perspective. Drew was someone Jake loved dearly, and he was so insecure all of a sudden. And they had a baby now. It was kind of new.

Drew sat up a little, relaxing as Jake cupped his cheek and kissed it. He isn't defined by his past. There's so much more to him, Drew realizes. And Violet is a new chapter of his life, parenthood.