(Prologue) Two Birds

Few days later.

Damian and Silver were sleeping due to both the training with Tai in the morning and their adventures at night gathering information on the person in charge of making the drug. But, instead of doing any training today with Tai, their teacher decided to let Yang train with them which didn't end too well either of them. She threw Silver a few away from the houses and into some trees, while Damian was sent into a crater. They both barely survived those encounters.

So training ended early for them and after that day, they stayed in their rooms sleeping for a longtime. Meanwhile, Tai and Yang are training, Ruby is watching TV with Zwei sleeping on her lap. Until, she hears someone knocking on the door, so she gently removes Zwei from her lap and goes to go see it is knocking on their door.

When she sees the person, she gives a huge smile and her eyes got really big, she uses her incredible speed to run towards the visitor to give him a big hug.

More like a tackle.

Ruby: Uncle Qrooooooooooowww!

Qrow: Ruby hold on a--!!!

It was too late for Qrow Branwen. He was the ground thanks to a tackle-hug by Ruby. Damian and Silver woke up from what sounded like an earthquake to them, but that's just your normal hug from Ruby.

Damian: I swear. How in the world can she be so loud?

Silver: Because she's Rubes.

The two of them walk downstairs to see just what in the world is going on, Yang and Tai included do the exact same thing. When Damian and Silver finally reach the front door, they see Qrow still on the ground with Ruby on top of him.

Ruby(to Qrow): It's sooo good to see you. Did you miss me? Did you miss me?

Qrow: Nope. It's good to see you too, kid. Now, do you mind getting off me?

Ruby(realization): Oh. Sorry.

She gets up and helps her Uncle Qrow get up from the ground. Yang and Tai walk up to Qrow and see that the boys are awake.

Yang: Oh hey guys, did we wake you?

Damian(sarcastic tone): You guys? Nah, we woke up because we wanted to, not because of all of that commotion, thanks for by the way, Ruby.

Ruby(proud smile): You're welcome.

Silver: So cute.

Damian: So who is this guy?

Tai: Oh right. Silver and Damian, this is Qrow Branwen. Ruby and Yang's Uncle.

Damian: We can see that Tai. What is he doing here?

Qrow: I'm here because I've finished a few missions and I'm pretty wiped out. Plus, I love visiting my family. (To Damian and Silver) You two are new. So, what are your names?

Damian: The name's Damian Locke. Nice to meet ya.

The two of them shook hands and glanced at each other.

Qrow: Heh. This one's got spunk. I like it. (To Silver) And you are?

Silver: Silver.

Silver and Qrow both shook hands, then traded a glance towards each other.

Qrow: Same as the other one. So what are you two doing here?

Tai: I'll explain later Qrow. If that's cool with you guys.

Damian: It's fine. Now that we're awake, I could go for some training. You up for a spar Silver?

Silver: Always.