(RWBY V4) Punished

Oscar Pine sits on his bed in his room, reading a book by the light of a lantern.

Oscar's Aunt: (yelling from another room) Oscar, supper's almost ready!

Oscar: What're we having?

Oscar's Aunt: Doesn't matter! You're eating it!

Oscar: (jokingly) I never agreed to these terms!

Oscar's Aunt: It's part of the "living under my roof" contract! Read the fine print, then come wash up!

Oscar closes his book and stands up. He is walking toward the door when a voice resounds, causing him to pause.

Ozpin: (disembodied) We have to leave.

Oscar continues forward.

Ozpin: Oscar. Oscar!

Oscar is about to grasp the door handle, but holds back.

Oscar: I've decided you're not real, so you might as well give up.

Ozpin: I understand how you're feeling. I went through the same panic and confusion.

Oscar turns around and looks at an open book on the floor. He bends down and shuts it, talking aloud as he puts it and the one next to it away on a shelf.

Oscar: It's not real. It's not real. It's not real.

Oscar stands up and his reflection is visible in the window.

Ozpin: I can assure you, you are perfectly sane.

Oscar: I'm talking to a voice in my head.

Ozpin: I didn't say you were normal. I said you were sane.

Oscar starts to leave his room again.

Ozpin: There's quite a significant difference between--

Oscar: Shut up! You think this is funny? It's not.

Ozpin: We are in complete agreement on that matter, I promise you. Believe me, I wish this weren't the case. But as I've told you, our Aura, our souls are combined.

Oscar looks up at the ceiling without really focusing on anything but clearly showing his disgust.

Oscar: I'm done listening to you.

Ozpin: Have you ever been to Haven?

Oscar: I told you I'm not going, and I told you I'm done listening.

Ozpin: Do you think you could describe the Headmaster's office?

Oscar: No. Why would I know that? I've never seen--

Ozpin: Try. Right now.

Oscar: It's probably... It's...

His eyes widen and his face slackens. The visual pans around his head in a circle as he continues to speak.

Oscar: It's autumn-colored... with a large mahogany desk. There's a small table with chairs in a corner for guests, with a tea set that... I... I gave him.

The pan stops when Oscar refers to himself in the first person. He puts his hand to his head, disconcerted.

Oscar: Why did I say that? Why did I know that? Why did I say that?

Oscar becomes increasingly bothered and he starts backing up, dropping his hand.

Ozpin: Because I helped build that school, and the tea set was a gift to the man running it now.