(RWBY V2) Painting The Town

The opening ends to the overhead view of where "A Minor Hiccup" ended: In the deserted alleyway with a graffiti-marked dumpster as Penny reveals her secret to Ruby.

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand...

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura. (Turns her head to the side sadly.) I'm not real...

Ruby: (Taking Penny's hands in her own.) Of course you are. You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?

Penny: I don't... um... (Leans in close to Ruby's face.) You're... taking this extraordinarily well.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. (Taps her chest.) You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!

Penny: Ooohh... oh Ruby (Grabs Ruby into a hug and shakes her back and forth.) You're the best friend anyone could have!

Ruby: (Muffled groaning.) I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

Penny: (Releases Ruby, fully back to her happy self.) Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!

Ruby: Wow. (Giggles.) He built you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost! He had some help from Mr. Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Ruby: (Scoffs) They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny: (Confused) That's not what Mr. Ironwood said...

Soldier 1: (Off-screen.) Check down here!

Penny: (Grabs Ruby by the shoulders) You have to hide! (Lifts Ruby above her head effortlessly.)

Ruby: (Struggles and screams as she is carried toward the dumpster.) Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!

Penny: (Throws Ruby in the trash and lifts the lid so she can still talk.) It's okay, Ruby. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay? (Gravely stares at Ruby.)

Ruby: I promise.

Ruby lowers her head into the garbage as the lid is put down, but she lifts it a little to peek at the scene outside.

Soldier 1: (Off-screen.) There she is!

Penny: Sal-u-tations, officers!

Soldier 1: Why were you running? And what happened to the other girl?

Penny: What girl? I've been by myself all day! (Hiccups loudly, then smiles.)

Soldier 1: You shouldn't cause such a scene.

Soldier 2: Are you okay?

Penny: (Shows off her "injured" palms.) Just a scratch.

Soldier 1: Penny, your father isn't going to be happy about this.