(RWBY V3) Beginning of the End

After the opening, the screen stays black as alien noises and voices are heard, echoing as if through a tunnel.

Cinder: I want to be strong.

Salesman: (right after a sharp sound goes off) A beautiful ring... for a beautiful woman.

Woman: I'm sorry?

Cinder: I want to be feared.

Salesman: (suddenly surprised) What!? (the sound of running footsteps are heard) Impossible! What did...!?

Man: She went that way!

Cinder: I want to be powerful.

Woman: Someone, call the police!

Salesman: How'd she do that!?

Suddenly, the darkness cuts to the smirking face of Cinder Fall, seen with shorter hair and a metal version of Midnight with arrows on her back.

Cinder: How did you do that?

The person she is talking to in the abandoned alleyway, cornered against a wall, is revealed to be Emerald Sustrai  Emerald has a ponytail instead of her usual locks and is wearing a different outfit, missing her usual white top and arm accessories. Some of the clothes' colors – gloves, pants, even Thief's Respite – are switched for different hues. She glares at this stranger while glancing around, backing away slowly and not answering. Without warning, she attempts to get her revolvers from their holsters.

Cinder: Don't. (Emerald grimaces before Cinder continues) Unless, of course, you want them to hear you. (There is a sound of footsteps running past while she speaks)

Emerald: (letting go of the grips as a nearby voice asks "Where did she go?") What do you want?

Cinder: (stepping forward slowly, glass anklet shifting with her footsteps) I've already told you. And I don't like repeating myself.

???: You should take her words to heart, kid.

Emerald turns around and looks up to see Xana standing on the rooftop of a building and watches as he teleports off the building and is standing between the two girls and gives a cocky smile.

Xana: So you should answer the question.

Emerald: I didn't do anything! Just leave me alone!

Cinder: I know my fair share of liars and thieves. Stealing is an art of patience, coordination, and in a pinch, sleight of hand. 

Xana: But you didn't steal the ring in your pocket. (Emerald looks shocked and checks the pocket where her prize is as Cinder crosses her arms and Xana does the same, continuing) You took it right before the jeweller's eyes. And he smiled.

Emerald: (surprise turns to suspicion once more) Who are you?

Cinder keeps on smiling as the scene fades to black, and the voices return.

Cinder: (as monstrous growling is heard in the background) You will question everything you know.

Emerald: This is impossible.

There is a sound similar to something vanishing in a puff of smoke, and the growling instantly stops.

Cinder: I wish to take on an apprentice.

Large Man: He lives in the mountains with his son.

Xana: Follow us, and you'll never be hungry again.