(RWBY V3) Lessons Learned

After the opening, the Amity Colosseum is still floating high amid the cheers of an excited audience as the two opposing pairs of partners for the match, the grinning Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai against a confident Coco Adel and meditating Yatsuhashi Daichi, wait in the center of the stadium for the holographic roulette to pick the field.

Port: (over the broadcaster speakers) Emerald and Mercury of Haven, versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!

Velvet: (from up in the stands alongside Fox Alistair and Ruby Rose) Good luck, you two!

The Colosseum chooses four fields to rise up from below in quarter sections: A patch of tall grassy plains which has a single tree and some rocks; the ruins of a city, complete with buildings holding shattered windows and rubble among the pavement; a hot spring containing geyser spots along a small river and some blue Dust crystal growths; and a familiar section of dense forest.

Coco: (lowers her sunglasses as she eyes her opponents) Hey! Love the outfit, kid!

Emerald: I'll try not to get blood on it.

Yatsuhashi: (getting up as he removes Fulcrum from his back) I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch.

Emerald: (stretching out her arm) I won't be the one bleeding.

Coco: Ooh, I like her!

Timeskip to Emerald Forest.

Damian and Silver walk together in the forest not saying anything for a while, but Silver continues to look around and finally speaks up.

Silver: So now will you tell me what we're doing here?

Damian: To find the largest Saiyan battlefield in this galaxy.

Silver: Why though?

Damian: Tell me Silver, how good is your DBZ history?

Silver: Funny you should ask that, I know all of it. Including DBS.

Damian: Good. Then you no doubt remember that a number of different Saiyans would land on different planets to conquer, correct?

Silver: Yup.

Damian: Good. Here's the thing, after we "won" during our huge battle against Xana, Roman and the Grimm, I was talking with my father and had a major history session with him talking about the Saiyans. During the middle of the Saiyan War, my father and Vegeta's forces were looking for different planets as military command points. Science and military bases that would help them, but, it also involved many lives lost on both sides. One of them being on Earth.

Silver: And you think it's somewhere in the middle of Emerald Forest?

Damian: I do. Along with the next weapon and I believe I know exactly where it is.

Timeskip.

Port: (along with the countdown behind the combatants) Three, two, one, begin!

Instead of charging forward, Mercury and Emerald slowly walk back into the tall grass and disappear behind the leaves. Coco and Yatsuhashi smile at each other before the leader pops out her Gatling gun and begins mowing down the field as the crowds of sunglasses-wearing fans roar their approval, even when bullets nearly hit them from the other side of the forcefield. Coco lets up as she and Yatsuhashi realize the two opponents aren't in the plains section anymore.