(RWBY V1) Black and White

The opening ends to the view of the balcony café in the middle of Vale where Sun Wukong, Onyx and Blake Belladonna were seen last episode drinking tea.

Sun: Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks! (Blake gives Sun a firm look) Yeah, like that.

Blake: (rolls her eyes before closing them and looking at him sadly) Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Onyx(rolls his eyes and takes a sip from his cup): We were once members of the White Fang.

Sun: (promptly goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information) Wait a minute, you two were members of the White Fang?!

???: Of course they were.

Sun looks straight ahead, while Onyx and Blake turn around with shock to see Damian.

Blake: Damian.

Sun: How did you find us?

Damian: This is one of the best places to get a cup of coffee and their tea isn't too bad either. Plus, I figured that this area would be a relaxing area for my friends to cool their heads.

Damian looks at one of the waiters who places a chair at their table. He sits down and orders an ice coffee.

Onyx: So you know?

Damian: Of course.

Damian drinks his cup of coffee and places it down. He looks at Blake and Onyx with a smile and doesn't look angry at them.

Damian: Continue.

Blake: That's right. Onyx and I were members for most of our life, actually. You could almost say we were born into it...

The scene shifts to a simple silhouetted flashback of fallen weapons plunged into the ground - swords, guns, any number of combinations.

Blake: (off-screen) Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and the Faunus.

The audience is shown the dark outlines of two trios - animal-eared and tailed Faunus on one side, regular Humans on the other - shaking hands and making peace after their struggle. This does not last long, as seen by a white Faunus cowering in fear of the gray-and-black aggressors harassing the hybrid. Later, more Faunus are pushing the crowd away from their bullied brethren.

Onyx: course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And we were there.

Blake: (off-screen) we were at the front of every rally. We took part in every boycott. We actually thought we were making a difference. But we were just a couple youthful optimists.

Onyx: (off-screen) Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking.

A quick series of images are shown - Faunus replacing their picket signs with axes and blades, windows being broken, thieves leaping on trains to steal their cargo.