(RWBY V4) Menagerie

An air horn sounds loudly. The black screen cuts to an offramp being lowered on the ship bearing Blake Belladonna, Onyx Taurus and Sun Wukong to allow passengers to disembark. The town has many small buildings and homes set among dunes and palm trees. The town bell that has been ringing is shown in its belfry.

Sun, Onyx and Blake make their way from the deck to the offramp. Onyx and Blake proceeds without pause while Sun stops to look at the town.

Sun: Huh.

Several Faunus in summer wear meander casually at the dock, some waiting for friends or family among the new arrivals. The dock is also a commercial area, with mobile kiosks selling food and other wares. It is a relaxed atmosphere on a sunny day.

Sun is looking around while he, Onyx and Blake disembark and walk through the market area together.

Sun: I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!

Blake: This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Sun: Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?

Onyx: Don't worry. You'll get use to it.

Blake: Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped.

Sun: What! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!

Blake: It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun.

Onyx: She's right. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions.

Sun: So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up.

Blake and Onyx: That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Sun: Huh. Jerks.

Blake: We try to make the best of things.

The three pause in their walk to look at the view of the town the road affords. The road they are on goes downhill and to the side, bordered by palm trees and homes that have either canvas or wood roofs. The vista of palm trees spreads out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this is a large house with an open courtyard that the road appears to lead directly to. The house is at least three stories and is the only building in the whole area with a sophisticated roof.

Sun: Whoa...

Blake: This, is Kuo Kuana.

Sun: It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?

Blake: That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome.

Onyx: But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal. That we're still second-class citizens.

Sun: Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home.

Blake: Alright, time to go home.

Sun: Oh yeah? (moving his hand to her other shoulder and pulling her in) Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?

Sun uses his free hand like a visor to help him peer at the houses.

Blake: Kind of.

Onyx(smirk): You'll know what it looks like very soon.