(RWBY V5) Alone Together

After the opening, it is early morning in Mistral. Ruby Rose and Silver are seen lying on the ground together on the patio outside of the training room. The two of watch as a group of four birds flying together, before one of them flies away from the group. As they watch it fly, Ruby and Silver see Yang Xiao Long peek over their head.

Yang: You two are up early.

Ruby: (smiles) Hey sis.

Silver: Morning Yang.

Yang: Boop.

Yang lets her hair down and uses it to tickle her little sister's and her boyfriend noses. Ruby and Silver laugh affectionately at her older sister's action. Ruby and Silver then sit up as Yang sits down next to them.

Yang: Can't fall back to sleep.

Ruby: Ah, me neither.

Silver: Same.

Watari: Well, fortunately, coffee exists.

Watari and Weiss both carry a tray with three cups of coffee from Weiss and two from him. They walk over to join their teammates. The two of them lowers the tray down so Yang can grab a cup.

Ruby: No, please!

Weiss: Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you. (she holds the cup out in front for Ruby)

Ruby: Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

Weiss: I will pour this on you and it will burn.

She hands the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles.

Watari: I'm guessing you're the same as Ruby, correct?

Silver: Yup. Thanks.

He hands the cup to Silver while Watari sits next his teammate. Weiss sits down next her teammates and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her.

Yang: Can't believe we're actually in Mistral.

Ruby: That's what you can't believe?

Yang: Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you know what I mean!

Weiss: I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you three again.

Watari: I agree. It feels just like old times wouldn't you agree? (raises cup towards Silver)

Silver(raises cup towards Watari): I do. It does indeed feel like old times. But that isn't the case anymore. So much has changed yet some things remain the same.

Yang: Well, here's to defying expectations.

Yang and Weiss clink cups together, while Ruby gulps her cup down in one go, opening one eye to glance at the others' cups.

Ruby: I just wish Blake and Onyx could be here with us.

Yang: Yeah, well, they made their choice.

Weiss: What's that supposed to mean?

Watari: Yeah.

Yang: (showing bitterness) I mean they could've been here if they both just stuck around. It's no big deal though. We'll be fine.

Ruby, Watari, Silver and Weiss have concerned expressions on their faces.

Ruby: Don't you want them here?

Yang: Why would I want them here?

Ruby: Are you still mad at them for leaving?

Yang: (scoffs) Oh, whatever gave you that idea, Ruby? No, I'm totally fine. I'm great.