(RWBY V1) The First Step

The opening ends to a character's eyes wearily opening and closing before waking up fully and seeing Nora Valkyrie fill their view.

Nora: Wake up, lazy butt! (dashes to the side)

Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora hounds him.

Nora: (singing) It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

Damian gets up and smiles at the two of them as he watches Silver and the others walk off.

Meanwhile, Lie Ren sighs again and the scene changes to him brushing his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk.

Nora: I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm... well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?

Damian: What else is new? The guy who doesn't talk as much and the girl who talks too much.

Silver: Seems she's excited.

The scene changes to the ballroom, where the two are readying themselves. Nora is brushing her hair and still chattering while Ren is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag.

Nora: We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together..." Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?

Damian: This girl just keeps on talking and talking.

Silver: The fact that she hasn't stopped to breathe is either amazing or concerning.

The scene changes again as the two are in the middle of eating their breakfast, Nora having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is still talking.

Nora: (muffled through her food) Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together! (slurps up the rest of her pancake) Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school.

Damian(angry): Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up Nora!

Silver: How is she still conscious?

The scene changes again as the two are readying themselves in the locker room, Ren loading StormFlower and Nora still talking.

Nora: I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! (gasps) A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?

Ren: (finally replying) Nora?

Nora: Yes, Ren?

Ren: (sheathing his weapons in his sleeves) I don't think sloths make a lot of noise.

Nora: (thinks about this for a moment) That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together!

Ren: (smiling and shutting his locker) Come on Nora, let's go.

Nora: Not "together-together..." (giggles)

Ren heads out while a skipping Nora follows, passing Ruby Rose, Silver, Damian Locke and Yang Xiao Long as they are busy readying themselves.

Damian(cocks gun): Nobody would know. Nobody. (puts his weapons away.

Damian thinks about it and gives a smile that Silver hasn't seen before.