(RWBY V8) War

The camera opens up on farm plains on the outskirts of Atlas. A squadron of Atlesian Military soldiers ready their guns just outside the city walls. As they watch, Grimm start running through the fields. On the edge of the floating landmass, the whale-esque Grimm Monstra roars, releasing a wave of Grimm Liquid that spawns a plethora of Grimm types: Sabyrs, Sulfur Fish, Apathy, Megoliaths, and more.

The forces of Grimm and Atlas clash as General James Ironwood looks on from the safety of his office. He scowls, then presses a button on his desk console, speaking remotely to a subordinate.

Soldier: Yes, sir?

Ironwood: I am evacuating all citizens to the subway. Prepare Manta Squad Omega, and dispatch to every part of Atlas.

Soldier: But sir-

Ironwood slams his fist on his desk.

Ironwood: Now!

Elsewhere in Atlas, civilians are seen lounging in a public park. High-pitched speaker feedback is heard before Ironwood broadcasts his announcement.

Ironwood: Citizens of Atlas, please proceed to the nearest underground subway station for shelter.

One man gets up from beside his daughter, confused and looking around for a threat. As sirens begin to blare, people start to panic and run for the subway. Then man is frozen with fear until his daughter points to the sky behind him.

Daughter: Dad? Look!

A swarm of Lancers weave their way between the Atlas skyscrapers, sending the man stumbling back. A squad of Mantas swoops in, opening fire on the Lancers. The man hurriedly leaps to his feet.

Father: We need to go!

The Ace Ops, Team BLND, Dante and Winter Schnee have taken Yang Xiao Long, Jaune Arc, Onyx Taurus, Silver 1, Silver 2 and Lie Ren into custody, and cuffed them with Gravity Bolas. Their Manta approaches Atlas, and Atlas Military chatter can be heard over the in-ship radio.

Commander 1: We can't get the Hard Light shields back up, sir. The generators took too much damage!

Ironwood: Then don't waste resource on them. Beta Squad, the creature?

Commander 2: We tried bombs, missiles, but we can't make a dent, sir.

Winter chimes into the conversation.

Winter: Sir, Schnee here. Penny is still MIA, but we've apprehended Arc, Xiao Long, and Ren.

Ironwood: Stand by for further orders, and don't let those fugitives out of your sight.

Winter: Yes, sir. Of course.

Behind her, Yang turns to look at her with a grim expression.

Yang: Still just following orders.

Winter turns and narrows her eyes at the girl, then gasps as Monstra slowly comes into view through the windscreen. Jaune and Ren stare slackjawed at the gargantuan Grimm.

Jaune: That's where the Grimm took Oscar. It's even bigger than I thought.

Vine Zeki narrows his eyes, clearly skeptical.

Vine: Grimm don't take prisoners.

Yang: This one did. If you would just let us go--

Yang makes to get out of her seat, but Vine and Elm Ederne grab her shoulders, forcing her back down. Ironwood's voice comes through over the radio again.