(RWBY V5) A Perfect Storm

After the opening, it is daytime at the Branwen Tribe camp. Raven Branwen sits alone in her tent sharpening Omen. Suddenly, Vernal enters.

Vernal: Raven, we have a problem.

Raven: What is it?

Vernal: Salem's found us.

Raven's eyes widen briefly.

Raven: Salem... okay.

Vernal: Five of her followers are waiting to speak with you.

Raven: (standing up) Right. We planned for this... Bring me my helmet.

Outside of her tent, Cinder Fall, Arthur Watts, Emerald Sustrai, Xana and Mercury Black all stand and wait while the bandits surround them, eyeing them carefully. Raven steps out of her tent with her mask on as she addresses her bandits.

Raven: I don't recall inviting so many guests into our home. Either I'm losing my memory, (raising her voice) or you've all lost your spines!

Cinder: Don't be too upset with them, Raven. Your men simply recognized the power of a Maiden when they see it. (her eye glows and trails fire) Which is why we'd like to have a word with you.

Raven: (addressing the bandits) Leave us. Pack your things, then break down camp. We're moving.

The bandits all leave to do so.

Watts: Little late to run and hide. You've been on our master's list for some time, so you must understand that we cannot allow you to slip away.

Raven: I know all about your master, but I don't believe we've met.

Mercury: We're the guys you should be afraid of.

Raven: I doubt anyone should be afraid of you.

Mercury: Oh yeah? Tell that to--

Xana: Quiet.

Mercury relents.

Raven: That's what I thought.

Cinder: I'm Cinder Fall. This is my associate, Arthur Watts, and my disciples, Emerald and Mercury. Finally, Xana my lover and a very powerful Saiyan.

Raven: Two children you've tricked into following you, a disgraced Atlesian scientist, a Saiyan who is more of a pawn and a Fall Maiden with a surname so appropriate, she probably picked it herself. Something tells me you've got more than a slight case of egomania, is that about right?

Mercury and Emerald exchange a brief look, while Watts clears his throat.

Watts: Technically, I was also a doctor, but I must say, the rest was spot on.

Cinder: Aren't you perceptive.

Raven: It's what's kept me alive.

Cinder: I'm afraid the only reason you're still alive is because you have something our master wants. Of course, if I'm wrong...

Cinder activates her Maiden power again and holds out a small flame in her right hand, grinning evilly. Xana activates his Super Saiyan form and looks at Raven.

Raven: Vernal!

Vernal steps out of Raven's tent and walks up next to her.

Xana: So, this is the long lost Spring Maiden. Prove it.

Raven and Vernal share a glance with each other, with Raven nodding. Vernal sighs and closes her eyes. She holds her hands out and suddenly, the wind starts to pick up gradually. The blue sky turns to gray as clouds cover it. Leaves blow in the wind. Watts, Mercury and Emerald cover their faces as thunder is heard, while Cinder smiles in amazement as she watches the Spring Maiden unleash her power. Vernal then lowers her hands and opens her eyes as her powers settle. Xana continues to stare and remain silent with his arms crossed.