(RWBY V3) PvP

After the opening, the scene opens with the clanks of turning gears found over the headmaster's office, with Professor Ozpin himself walking back to his desk and pouring himself a drink from his teapot as he watches the Vytal Festival Tournament's roulette system deciding the next match.

Oobleck: (over the broadcast) Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

Port: It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!

Ozpin seats himself behind his desk and takes a sip from his cup as he stares at the "randomized" fight to be.

Down in the arena of Amity Colosseum, Pyrrha is still looking hesitant and distracted while Penny politely salutes her opponent.

Penny: (hands on her hips in excitement) Sal-u-tations, Pyrrha Nikos! It's an honor to finally meet you!

The troubled Pyrrha doesn't respond, looking at her hands as she clenches them in attempted determination.

Penny: (not noticing Pyrrha's reluctance) This is going to be so much fun!

Damian continues to watch and has his arms crossed, shaking his head and he can see Pyrrha's a bit unfocused.

Damian: Come on Pyrrha. I know you can do this. Just stay focus on the task at hand.

Damian continues to look at Emerald who isn't paying any attention to him from a distance.

In the same structure behind closed doors, Ruby Rose is still facing down an up-and-standing Mercury Black, who's smugly smiling at the younger girl's confusion.

Ruby: Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why... (narrows her eyes in suspicion) What's going on? (Mercury doesn't answer, still grinning with malice) Fine. If you're not going to tell me... (she attempts to move around him, but he blocks her path, then does it again when she sidesteps)

Oobleck: (over the announcement system to draw Ruby's attention away) Fighters, are you ready?

Mercury smirks.

Penny beams widely in anticipation, but Pyrrha is still looking around as if in a daze, though she manages a small scowl at her opponent, her weapons Miló and Akoúo̱ already in hand.

Oobleck: (counting down as General James Ironwood calmly sits to observe the fight, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren cheer for their teammate while Jaune Arc simply watches anxiously, and Emerald Sustrai leans forward with a glare) 3, 2, 1... (Oobleck leans forward) BEGIN!

Suddenly, Penny is surrounded by Floating Array, gesturing the swords around to her command before launching a volley of them at Pyrrha, who runs towards them and leaps though or deflects each aimed blade. The swords fly into the air until they turn around and come back to the fight.

Mercury: (looking back at Ruby) Showtime.

He goes forward, blocking Ruby's path with his arms outstretched, restraining her movements no matter where she moves. Panicked, she grimaces and spins forward, becoming a blur of red and petals rocketing toward Mercury, only for the villain to kick her twice mid-dash with Talaria and knock her to the ground. He advances on her just as she gets out her Scroll, about to push the button to call for help when a bullet sends the device flying out of her hand.

Mercury: (lowering his leg from its kick) Let's just keep this between us friends. (he moves towards her)

Pyrrha, now having returned the shield to her back, twirls the javelin to block each sword swipe of Penny's, dropping her weapon when she needs to somersault away after being hit by a slash, only to magnetically return it to her hand as Penny readies another wave of blades.