(RWBY V8) Amity

Pietro Polendina is putting the finishing touches on part of the Amity Communications Tower when he receives communication from Penny Polendina.

Penny: Dad?

Pietro: Penny?

Penny is sitting in front of a bomb inside the Schnee Dust mine.

Penny: This does not seem like a very good idea.

She looks down at the bomb, and her sensors tell her that it is a danger.

Pietro: There is a difference between a good idea and our best idea. Sadly, we don't have time for much else.

Penny touches the bomb's interface, arming it. Meanwhile, Pietro rides the elevating center floor of the Amity Colosseum downward.

Pietro: We have enough systems up and running to broadcast our message and keep Amity in atmospheric orbit. But our thrusters just aren't capable of reaching our target altitude on their own.

On the lowest level of the colosseum's arena, Maria Calavera is piloting a mech and using it to carry a large machine.

Maria: Ha, fortunately, we're sitting on a couple hundred tons of thrust.

Maria walks the mech to the center of the platform and puts the machine down.

Pietro: Once we passed into broadcast range, we'll activate stabilizers, re-establish global communications, and boost the message we've recorded out into the rest of the world. After that, we just have to pilot Amity away from all this mess.

Penny arms another bomb in the mines and flies up to a tunnel where yet another bomb is sitting.

Penny: But what if no one is able to come and help Atlas? If I stay behind, I could maybe--

Pietro: Penny, we are not having this conversation again. I'm your father and I'm telling you that you belong on Amity.

Pietro and Maria are riding the platform back up.

Penny: (disappointed) Yes, sir.

Maria: Don't you think Penny has had enough people telling her what to do?

Pietro: (sighs) Prepare for launch, please. I'm moving us into position.

Penny flies out of the Dust mine and up to Amity Tower. Once she arrives, she sits on the edge of the platform, while Pietro works on a computer projected by the machine that Maria placed.

Pietro: All systems are ready. Penny?

Penny looks at him and then gets up and walks over.

Pietro: Amity is requesting launch access... now.

Penny looks at the screen, which says "Connecting..." She looks down, waiting. Pietro and Maria look at Penny, and after a few moments, her eyes glow slightly. The tower's stabilizers activate, glowing purple, and Pietro and Maria celebrate.

Pietro: Oh yes, it worked!

Pietro taps a button on his walking chair, and parts of the chair's legs begin glowing purple. Maria laughs and walks away. The bombs in the Dust mine begin counting down from thirty seconds, and Penny begins helping Maria get back inside the mech. The two are soon distracted by a loud thud, followed by a fireball flying up through the air. Penny flies over to the edge of the platform and looks down to see a huge hole where the fireball melted through from outside the colosseum. An airship levitates up from the smoke, and atop the airship stands Cinder Fall with flames coming from her hands.