(RWBY V9) A Tale Involving a Tree

The sound of a page turning is heard. Narrator: A door opened for Alyx at the Tree. The door automatically opens. The Great Tree of the Ever After is shown, towering over the Jungle Acre.

Narrator: Before she goes back home, the girl had a great many questions to ponder. Then the Tree is later shown in a sketch from the storybook.

Narrator: After all the lessons she learned, and the friends she'd made (the page turns) and lost.

Summer Rose is sitting on her chair, telling the story of "The Girl Who Fell Through the World" to a young Yang Xiao Long and Ruby Rose, who are fast asleep.

Summer: (narrating) Who had she become? Would she still be the same Alyx when she went back home? The leaves of the tree rustled, and on the wind, Alyx heard one more question...

Elsewhere in the Ever After, Ruby is seen, now petrified in wood.

Summer: (narrating) What... are you?

Team SDOW&T, Goku and Xana are seen flying out of from the Dark Acre to the forests while Jaune, Weiss, Blake and Yang are seen riding Juniper.

Damian: That Cat has taken Neo! I can't believe this is happening! And Ruby, I couldn't save her!

Jaune: I don't understand! Alyx, the Pleasers, now Ruby! What does this place want? They arrive at a certain place.

They dismount Juniper, looking at the waters of the destroyed village of the Paper Pleasers. Jaune stares at the Tree.

Jaune: I don't understand... What did I do wrong?

Weiss: We can figure this out. There's got to be a way to get to the Tree.

Damian: How? We have no idea on how to get--

???: Hello there.

Jaune and Weiss turn to see a red star-shaped crystal Afteran carrying a basket of berries.

Red Genial Gem: You appear upset. Would you be so kind as to tell me how I can help? Perhaps you are hungry?

Jaune: (confused) Huh? (shaking his head) No, that's okay.

Red Genial Gem: If I can get you anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! That's what I'm here for!

Jaune: What? What are you?

The Yellow Genial Gem places their foot into the water.

Red Genial Gem: We are the Genial Gems, and we've arrived here to clean up this beautiful land and create something wonderful and pleasing.

Jaune watches the Genial Gems remove the parts of the former village of the Paper Pleasers. Then the Genial Gems wade through the waters and place their hands on it, a glowing light appears. The stream flutters in the air and transforms into a crystal structure.

Xana: Amazing.

Blake: This is them, isn't it?

Onyx: They're back.

Weiss: It's just like they said. They came back from the Tree, better.

Yang: No flood or fire will ever hurt them again.

Jaune: I'm trying so hard to save them... I stopped them from becoming what they needed to be. I was being selfish because I... I wanted the rush of rescuing someone and I got that here.