(RWBY V1) The Stray

The opening ends to an overview of the streets of Vale being decorated in time for the Vytal Festival. Red, yellow, and green streamers and balloons are proudly on display, Team SDOW and Team RWBY strolling through it all with an awed Weiss Schnee in the front, with Watari Yoshisada walking behind her having a smile on his face. A sign is being put up by the elderly Shopkeep that reads in bright red letters "WELCOME TO VALE!" for all the foreign newcomers from their respective kingdoms of Remnant.

Weiss: (stopping and raising her arms in amazement) The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. (frowns a little) It's kinda weirding me out...

Weiss: (turning to Ruby) How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking! (they continue walking)

Watari: She's right. So many individuals coming from all over Remnant representing their schools and wearing their hearts on their sleeves and bringing pride along with them. Fighting with everything they got, not to mention being with the ones who they care about is just incredible!

Yang: (sighs, arms crossed) You two really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

W&W: Quiet, you!

Damian started to laugh and he looked at the sea, to see a ship coming to the port. Both teams stopped by near the docks to hear the sound of foghorns..

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: (covering her nose) Ugh, they smell like fish!

Silver: Rubes, we're in the docks, of course it's gonna smell like fish.

Ruby does a cute little pout towards Silver.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

Damian: Blake, translation please?

Blake: (as Weiss starts walking away again) She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Onyx: Bingo.

Weiss: (scoffs) You can't prove that!

Team SDOW: You didn't deny it Weiss.

As they continue walking, Ruby turns her head and gasps at an unfortunate incident.

Ruby: Woah.

Everyone looks and sees that a Dust Shop was robbed. The windows were broken and there's police line tape that surrounded the scene and to top it all off, two police detectives standing near it, Team SDOW and Team RWBY went towards them to gather some information.

Ruby: What happened here?

Yang: (sighs sadly) That's terrible.

Detective 2: (off screen, to his partner) They left all the money again.

Ruby: (turning her head when she hears this) Huh?

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?