(RWBY V2) Search and Destroy

The opening shows the still-horrified faces of Team RWBY and half of Team SDOW upon seeing their guide for the week.

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck: (Talking fast, per the norm, as he paces in front of the students.) Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, boys and girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And... (Zooms up right to Weiss' face.) It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much! (Quickly backs away.)

Weiss looks over at Blake Belladonna and Onyx, who are both equally disturbed.

Weiss: Uh...

Oobleck: Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind! (Then, as an afterthought to clarify:) ...schedule! (He zips off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second.)

Ruby: (Positive and upbeat before suddenly becoming as depressed as her team halfway through.) Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Nora: (off-screen) Save the world?

Ruby and Damian's teams turns around to see Nora and Team JNPR approaching.

Nora: (being dramatic) You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad! (Stomach rumbles) Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren...

Lie Ren, for his part, simply crosses his arms and turns away.

Jaune: Sounds exciting. Where ya going?

Ruby: Oh, just outside the kingdom...

Nora: Hey! So are we!

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Ren: We set out tomorrow.

Neptune: (off-screen) Then you can party with us tonight! (Neptune Vasilias and Sun Wukong approach the two groups.) We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune is awestruck.

Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal.

Ruby: Well-

Oobleck appears from the airship to call to Team RWBY, who are embarrassed:

Oobleck: Four minutes, ladies and gentlemen! (Goes back inside as their friends smile awkwardly at the boys and girls.)

Ruby: Well, uh... (Throws a thumbs-up.) Wish us luck! (With that, the friends disband, either back to Beacon Academy or towards their mission.)

Cut to the airship flying over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.

Yang: (To Oobleck) I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter.

Oobleck: I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles.

Ruby: (Tilting her head in confusion) Like the mushroom?

Blake: (Leaning over) Those are truffles.

Ruby: (Still scratching her head in befuddlement) Like the sprout?