(RWBY V8) The Final Word

Monstra's corpse is shown to still be dissolving. In a spot on the carcass, trails of energy condense...

Down in the Atlas Vault, Winter Schnee and Dante Ironwood charges at James Ironwood, swinging down their swords onto his prosthetic left arm. Winter then draws her smaller one and attempts to stab him with it, but Ironwood dodges and jumps back. He then tries to swing his hand cannon but Dante blocks it and Winter jumps up on top of a nearby pillar and Dante does a few backflips and then floats in the air.

Ironwood: Winter, Dante, do not blame me!

Ironwood fires his cannon, Dante and Winter moves out of the way as the blast destroys the top of the pillar and Dante catches her. Winter then creates five glyphs that launch large ice shards towards the General. Ironwood rolls out of the way.

Ironwood: I have sacrificed everything!

Winter: No, you have sacrificed everyone else!

Dante: You closed the borders, you squeezed Mantle until it broke!

The three continue trading blows. The weapons lock as Ironwood's cannon begins charging up again.

Ironwood: I've only done what's best for Remnant, and no one is grateful!

Ironwood draws the white Due Process and uses it to pistol whip Winter, disorienting her. Then, kicks Dante who grabs his leg and punches Ironwood and walks towards him.

Dante: Happy?!

Dante uses his speed and tackles and punches Ironwood in the face multiple times.

Dante: Do you know what they lost?!

Dante continues to punch him and speaks some more.

Dante: What so many people had to--

Dante stops his attack and looks back Winter. Suddenly, Ironwood knees Dante in the stomach and then uppercuts him to the air. sending him straight to Winter.

In the pocket dimension, Cinder Fall and Penny Polendina fly at each other, using their respective Maiden powers to clash. They fly around as people continue to run towards the portal leading to Vacuo. Cinder launches a fireball hitting Penny in the back. She then tries to use her Grimm arm to grab Penny, but a Queen Lancer summoned by Weiss Schnee is shown to fly by and get Penny out of the way. Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos watches the crowd of people running for the Vacuo portal.

Jaune: Priority one.

Nora and Pyrrha looks back to their leader and they exchange nods, continuing with the evacuation.

Back on the Queen Lancer summon...

Penny: Weiss, all she ever wanted was the Maiden power. I can buy you all time.

Weiss: But, Penny...

Suddenly, Weiss is struck in the back by a fireball, causing her Queen Lancer summon to disappear. They fall onto one of the platforms, both of their Auras flicker. Cinder lands nearby and smirks evilly. Penny gasps as Cinder looks to Weiss, the Staff of Creation next to her. Penny suddenly gets up and blocks her path.

Penny: I'm right here! I'm what you want!

Cinder: I want it all...

Cinder launches herself forward, but suddenly is kicked in the face by Blake Belladonna and Onyx Taurus, pushed back some distance away from them. Blake then looks to Weiss.