(RWBY V9) A Cat Most Curious

Outside the premises of the Crimson Castle...

Ruby: Kitty! Kitty! Kitty! Wait! No, no! Uh... Here kitty, kitty, kitty! Here kitty, kitty, kitty! Oh... c'mon, kitty.

Little: (yelps) Eek! (cowers in Ruby's hood, whispering) The cat's hindquarters!

The Curious Cat's tail can be seen sticking out of the tall grass on the side of the path.

Ruby: Um... Excuse me?

Curious Cat: (pops out) You're excused!

Ruby gets startled and notices the Curious Cat is behind her. Little gets scared and hides inside Ruby's hood. Team RWBY, SDOW&T and Goku watches the Curious Cat walking without their hindquarters.

Damian: Cat...

The Cat then joins both of their body parts together.

Ruby: (shakes her head) Curious Cat? Which one do you go by?

Curious Cat: Oh! I don't go by. That belongs to the days and the years. But if you are asking what I am, I am indeed a cat, most curious.

Ruby: Of course. (slightly laughs) Look, my friends and I really need to get to that giant tree, and so far, nothing we tried has gotten us any further.

Weiss: It looks to me like we're even farther!

Yang: Yeah, I think that's because we're six inches tall.

Weiss: It could be both.

Curious Cat: The tree... Tree, tree, tree, tree... (gasps) Of course. That is most definitely impossible. You do not go to the tree, the tree goes to you. Unless, of course, you're me, you see.

Yang: (unimpressed) Not even a little bit.

Curious Cat: Well, that's your problem. It's a matter of perspective, I'm afraid.

Ruby: But, uh, couldn't you take us then? You'd been there before.

Curious Cat: So why would I ever want to go back? Yes, I'm glad we understand one another. No sense it seems a sight seen.

Goku: That maybe true but--

Silver interrupts.

Silver(to Curious Cat): We need to get to the tree. What you want is of no concern to us. You will take us to the tree, I don't care what you think or how you feel about it. Take us there or we're gonna have problems.

Curious Cat: Oh my dear friend, even if I wanted to take you all there, which I don't. There's nothing there that would interest me. Besides, you lot seem to know quite bit. Why don't you go yourselves?

Damian: Because we don't know how to get there.

Curious Cat: I see. Too bad, but I see no point.

The Curious Cat notices a yellow butterfly and pounces at it.

Blake: Please. You helped Alyx when she was--

Curious Cat: Alyx? ''Alyx'' Alyx? How do you know her? Are you friends of hers? Lifelong nemeses? Wait. Don't tell me. (short pause) Okay. No, tell me.

Onyx: This Cat is going to drive me insane.

Ruby: Oh, well, we don't know her personally. Just uh...

Weiss: She wrote a book about her entire adventure in the Ever After.

Curious Cat: (surprised) A book? Is it well-liked?