(RWBY V5) Lighting the Fire

After the opening, the sound of a motorcycle is heard. Yang Xiao Long is riding Bumblebee with Shay D. Mann through a forest in Anima.

Yang: How much further, pal?

Shay: This should just about do it.

Yang stops her bike at a clearing.

Shay: You wait here. I'll go up ahead and make sure the coast is clear.

Shay dismounts from the bike and runs into the bushes. Yang shakes her head in annoyance and discards her sunglasses, sleeve and coat tails before stretching a little. Suddenly, someone pulls the trigger of a gun and Yang blocks the shot with her arm. Shay reappears with several bandits in tow.

Shay: I can't believe you were dumb enough to let me lead you here.

The bandits present all have their weapons drawn at Yang.

Yang: Is this everyone?

Shay: (chuckling) Yes, little lady. This is it. Well, unless you count the whole rest of the camp back that way.

He gestures behind him with his thumb. Yang points a finger in the same direction.

Yang: That way?

Shay: (grunting in confusion and looking at his tribe mates first) Yes. That way.

Yang: Good to know. Thanks.

Shay: Now to pay me back for this tooth, we're going to take your bike. And you're going to take your lumps (punches his fist as he says this).

Yang engages Ember Celica on her left arm. The bandits get cautious and keep their weapons trained on her.

Shay: (aiming his gun) You got the jump on me last time, sweetheart. But you really ought to think twice about fighting all-

He cuts off when Yang engages the gun on her robotic arm. The rest of the bandits gasp.

Shay: Alright... Get her!

The bandits attack, and Yang defeats them. After the fight, Yang's left hand is shaking once again, but she calms herself down before walking back to her motorcycle.

Shay: (coughing as he struggles to get up) Who are you? It doesn't even matter. When Raven finds out what you did, you're dead!

Yang: Possibly. But I doubt it. I am her daughter, after all.

Shay: (wide-eyed) I'm dead.

Shay falls to the ground.

???: Yeah. I have to agree with you on that.

Shay turns to his left and is suddenly grabbed by his shirt.

Shay: Hey... hey! Wh-wh-wh-what do you want with me?

???: Many things. For starters, where is my Sunshine?

Oscar Pine and Ruby Rose are training hand to hand combat whilst Jaune Arc Pyrrha Nikos, Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren are looking on.

Jaune: Man, Oz wasn't kidding. Oscar's picking up on this stuff fast.

Pyrrha: That's remarkable.

Damian walks towards his friends and watches Oscar and Ruby's progress.

(f)Damian: I see that our two friends are progressing very well. (looks at Silver and Terry) How are the others doing?

Silver: They're doing fine.