(RWBY V8) Strings

Sounds of things going up pneumatic tubes are heard clanging, until it stops. Ruby Rose is heard breathing heavily, before gasping for breath. She is helped out of the tube by May Marigold, Pyrrha Nikos and Penny Polendina. Weiss Schnee can be seen angrily pulling Watari Yoshisada by his ear.

Watati: Ow, ow, ow! C'mon I said I was sorry!

Weiss lets Watari go. Watari's right ear turned red.

Watari: (rubs his ear) Ow.

Nora: That was quite the once in a lifetime experience.

Blake Belladonna can be heard stepping out of another tube, her hair messy from the unorthodox method of travel.

Blake: Good. Because I never wanna do that again.

Blake fixes her unkempt hair. The group proceeds forward.

May: Alright robo-girl, you're up. Which way?

Penny uses her eyes to view the area ahead in a wireframe view.

Penny: (points in various directions as she says them) We'll cross the bridge, then go left, straight, right, straight, left, up, up, right, straight, right, right, straight, left, left.

Everyone (except Ruby, who looks smug) stares at her, dumbfounded.

Penny: And my name... is Penny.

Ruby: (crossing her arms and smiling slyly at May) Heh.

May: Tsk...

May activates her Semblance, hiding everyone from view. They are later seen in an elevator. They hear the elevator door open, and back away cautiously when they see a pair of Atlas Soldiers enter. The soldiers are oblivious to the group's presence due to May's Semblance.

Soldier 1: I don't think even the squad captain knows what's going on up there. They can't get close to that storm without getting shocked right out of the air.

Soldier 2: It's creepy, all those Grimm just... waiting. Worse than if they'd attacked--

Soldier 1: Hey, don't say that! You'll jinx us.

Penny motions for the group to follow her, and they discreetly squeeze past the soldiers, headed for the elevator door.

Soldier 2: I just hope the C.O. can get us some answers soon, or-

On the way out, Nora flashes a mischievous grin and swipes her hand over the elevator controls, tapping the button for every floor. The pair of soldiers are now alone in the elevator. Soldier 1 glances at the elevator controls, then does a double take.

Soldier 1: Huh?

The doors to the elevator close again. The group makes its way down a wide corridor to a large locked door with "03" in large print on it. Penny stops by a nearby control panel and extends her index finger. The tip swivels out to reveal a connector plug, and Ruby's eyes grow wide.

Ruby: Cool.

Penny interfaces with the control panel, and the attached handprint scanner flashes green. A hologram display pops up, showing Dr. Pietro Polendina's credentials.

Computer: Welcome back, Doctor Polendina.

The door slides open with a whoosh, and the group steps through.

May: Alright, where to next, Penny?

Penny: Right through central command!

A door to the right opens to reveal a bustling workplace filled with digital workstations, holographic maps, and Atlesian officials and clerks.