Chapter 2. The threat.

Back again with another paragraph. We have a few disclaimers to start with, to freshen it up a bit.

Opera is a boy and a fox in this story, Opera's gender is unknown and I think he is a fox since in Japan "Yokai" or "Demons" with ears are viewed as foxes most of the time.

Ugh...

I woke up, I don't think I had ever been so tired before. How am I still breathing even though im so tired? Im not even moving my chest. And what is wrong with my neck, its killing me.

Wait, didn't I die?

I reached out to my neck, but my hands woulden't move.

Why is my body not working, am I a ghost? I got stabbed right? Im sure I felt a liquid run down my neck. What happened? And why does it feel like Im made of bricks...

Hmm..? Hold on, think I hear something....

I groggily opened my eyes, everything was blurry but I could still make out two people. They were bent over me. The two figures looked familiar. A red haired fox and an ugly moving skin colored thing. Is that you, Opera? And is that thing grandpa?

The red fox spoke.

"..uma ..re ..u .kay"

What is he saying? I can't tell. Everything feels so weird and fuzzy.

"Iruma, are you okay?"

Suddenly I could hear the words clearly. Opera had his ears hang low and grandpa was practically jumping around the room in worry, what are they doing? Am I having my first experience as a ghost?

I feel like someone has rolled me into a blanket, like I'm placed on a bed, a very comfortable one. It kind of feels like my bed. Wait is this my room?

Wait am I still alive?

I looked around the room, confused. My head woulden't move but my eyes could still look around. It was my room for sure. All the furniture was there and it looked exactly the same as I left it. Exept for the two people in the room.

I tried moving my mouth open, but my body just woulden't move. Looking even more worried then before Opera held his hand against my head, it felt nice and cold.

Slowly I tried opening my mouth again, however this time, my mouth opened.

Slowly but surely the words came out. "I a-am ok-ay"

The words came out slow and It sounded extremely hoarse, like I haden't talked in a week.

Grandpa haden't noticed that I was awake before and came running right up to me when I spoke.

"Are you okay grandson?" He asked. His expression scared me, I never saw grandpa this serious before. The look on his face was dark and gloomy, and his voice was a lot darker than normal.

"Could you tell us what happened?"

Yet again his voice was cold. Like he came home from a stressful day of work. Although I've never seen it this bad before.

Opera on the other hand had his ears back into place a little lower than usual, but still looking pride full like he usually did. He always wore the same expression on his face. The neutral one. It was rare to see anything different, but you could still tell if he was feeling okay. How? If his ears are up, hes okay, but if his ears are down hes not okay.

Opera suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts when he started talking. "He is burning up and can bearly talk, let him rest, Sullivan." For some reason his voice sounded very distant and quiet.