Chapter 17. Nervousness.

"If you don't want to die, listen to me very carefully."

His voice was warning me, warning me not to struggle, daring me to try and run away.

There was no use in escaping. He pointed a knife straight to my neck while he held me against his chest, his arms around me like snakes around prey.

I couldn't see his face from here, and that was a problem. I couldn't notice if he was happy or not, and don't know what my next move should be.

Especially with people like him, if you ever come across someone as wicked as him, check if he is smiling, if he isn't you are doomed.

Wait, does that mean I'm helpless now?

Kiriwo took a deep breath from behind me. "Iruma.~ Don't panick just yet. I'm only here to warn you about something. I just did this so that you would listen to what I have to say, do you understand?"

I didn't, what was he talking about? And why did he need to do it like this? Why with a knife?

What should I do?

Well, I can't ignore him. I can just nod yes and get this over with.

I swallowed, slowly nodding my head.

"Thats good. Now listen very carefully..." He paused for a second.

"Next monday, we won't be alone. My brother is coming with me. He is someone who controls the black market and hates people like you. So he is dangerous, well for you atleast. Anyways, he wants to kill you for your flesh. Your blood and flesh have healing powers.

The reason we took your blood in the first place was to test a theory.

There is an old netherworld script, a legend, that legend is about humans having the power to heal any demon with their flesh and blood.

My brother wasn't to sure about this legend and said that it was fake. So I told him to test that.

But now we have a problem...."

He stopped, thinking to himself.

"Look, we need to convince him to not kill you. I think that maybe you can make a deal with my brother for your blood.

Your blood re-stocks after an amount of time, right Iruma~?"

I nodded.

"Okay, thats good...

Then we might be able to make a deal. Maybe you could propose something like 1 liter of blood each week?"

I nodded. It was better than being killed. Missing a liter of blood is a lot for me, especially because im so small, but was better than the alternative.

"Alright then!~ You can go to your locker now!~" Kiriwo said, a lot happier.

Wait was this all? All he did was help me. So why, why did he help me? It doesn't make any sense, its obvious that he holds a grudge against me. So why?

"C-could I ask you something first..?" I said, trembling.

"Mhm mhm." He replied, nodding his head.

"Why are you helping me?"

Kiriwo thought for a second. And finally answered.

"Would you not want me to help you?"

"No, I didn't mean it like tha-"

He cut me off.

"I helped you because I have a personal interest in you. You are a human, and in the netherworld you are quite rare. I would like to know how a human works, study you, get to know you.~"