Chapter 24. Lies.

Iruma's pov:

I was awoken up by someone gently shaking me awake. Yawning, I looked up, squinting my eyes from the bright light, to see who it was.

It was Opera.

"Breakfast is ready." He said, his stare focused at me. I wasn't ready for breakfast yet, I had just woken up. The bed was soft, warm and cozy, and I didn't want to get out yet, plus the light hurt my eyes.

I then let out a anoyed groan, wich sounded way more tired than I thought it would. I them pulled the covers over my head, deciding that I wanted to lay down just a minute more.

The person above me didn't appreciate that, and pulled the blanket completely away from my body.

I curled up into a ball, covering my eyes with my arms and yawned yet again.

Now the bed was cold. I felt just a little annoyed. The worst was that I felt quite exposed, I sighed, slowly sitting up, putting my legs to my chest and laying my head against them. I then closed my eyes and sighed again. My position wasn't comfortable, I was feeling drowsy and cold, and thats not a good match.

"Opera, why are you so cruel?" I whined, slightly opening my eyes.

Opera had his hands folded into his chest, looking at me in a 'cool school girl' pose.

"Because it is already eleven in the morning." He replied, turning around. "Now that you're awake, I'll take my leave. Goodbye." He put his hand up as to wave, I heard his footsteps making his way to the door, which he then closed behind him.

I rubbed my eyes, letting my body slide down my bed untill I was back on my feet. I then walked to the bathroom, where I did everything from brushing my hair to dressing, just like I did every day.

I then left the comfortable atmosphere of my room to see Opera and grandpa. When I entered the room, they were already eating. I greeted them and sat in my seat, taking a look at the food I would be about to devour.

There were multiple dishes with very different looking foods on the plates. One dish had what looks like a crab with horns, one with a kind of strawberry cake, and so much more.

Opera really went out on this one, didn't he? I hope he isn't pushing himself too hard.

I slowly grabbed a plate, making sure my tired limbs wouldn't drop it, and began eating. And before I knew, I was full and all the plates on the table were gone.

"The meal was delicious, Opera." I said, smiling.

The smile wasn't bitter, even though I was angry with him for pulling away my covers.

It had pretty much become a routine, telling him the food was good. And it was, of course. He always seems to light up when I tell him. And every time I forgot to tell him, he would be less happy throughout the entire day.

I'm really happy that I can make him so happy with a single compliment.

And it's not as if I can forget about it either. I don't want to make him upset after all.

I remained seated untill all the plates were taken away back into the kitchen. Eventually, Opera came back, I wanted to ask him to play some games with me. We had almost beaten our level last night, and I was really looking forward to finishing it. Before I could ask him, however he told me to sit back down.

"Go ahead and sit back down, Iruma. Grandpa and me want to discuss something with you." He said, while he went ahead and sat next to grandpa.

Grandpa cleared his throat before speaking. "So, we wanted to talk to you about tomorrow." He paused, his look going to the serious one he sometimes had.