Chapter 30. What he falls?

Asmodeus's pov:

Me and Iruma were standing at the back of the line, where we would soon take off.

I spread my wings, ready to fly. But I was conflicted. How was Iruma going to fly?

I know that Iruma doesn't have any wings. I know he doesn't. I found out about it when we had a sleepover. He had a gaping hole where his wings were supposed to be, and leathery skin that felt like it had been damaged to the point it wasn't able to recover to its original state.

So why is he spreading his wings?

Was I mistaken perhaps? No. I'm sure I wasn't. What I felt was no mistake. He didn't even have a wing base anymore.

He doesn't have wings.

He is getting ready to fly. Are those wings of his fakes maybe? Or an illusion? Maybe he is using wind magic to fly and a spell to make it look as if hes flying.

Good job, master. If I hadn't felt your back that day, I wouldn't even have known. I don't like you keeping secrets from me, but I understand. I'm just a little upset.

I wish you could tell me everything that going on with you right now. You could tell me anything, I won't judge you or hate you for anything. You are still my master, and I'll still help you in any way I can.

And I'm your boyfriend now.

Suddenly, professor Kalego whistled and flew, the whole class flying behind him. I looked at Iruma, who was flapping his delicate wings up and down. It was barely enough to lift him off the ground. Thats not how you are supposed to fly after all.

The rest of everyone was already off of the ground, flying high in the sky. Maybe I can help Iruma?

"Come on, master Iruma! We have to go after them." I said. I grabbed his hand, taking it and ran, pulling him with me. I spread my wings, and he copied.

And thats how we flew into the air, soaring the skies together. Well, kind of atleast. Iruma was now floating along the air, going downstairs instead of up. He looked panicked, scared, I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't be so afraid, just copy me!" I screamed, flapping my wings up and down. He carefully tried to do the same, and it partially worked. After a while he got the hang of it, and flew just like me.

He was slower than the others, and I had to slow down my pace a bit too, but he was doing it well. Especially considering he doesn't have any wings and probably forgot how to fly.

He smiled at me while he made more speed, going faster and faster each time. We weren't catching up to the others anytime soon, but that was fine. My master did it! He is the absolute best! With all of my life I love him.

Though he is still looking a little pale. Are we too high up? Or is he scared that his butler might have found out about us. I did take his hand without his permission. I should have asked first.

Stupid Asmodeus, stupid me.

Together we soared trough the sky, touching the low hanging fluffy clouds we came across. Our time together felt endless, filled with so much love. He looked at me, smiling while he flew trough the summer air. He looked like he loved this. Iruma's demon behind us was looking quite happy to see us flying together too.

After a while, the demon flew up to us. "It isn't much longer before we arrive at our destination. I have texted your professor to let him know that you will be a little later." He said, showing his phone while flying. Iruma looked impressed to see his butler flying with a phone in hand.

I was too. It's quite daring. After all, the last demon king made it illegal to fly with your phone in hand. Especially after a chain of accidents  that cost the lives of multiple demons and demonesses.