Chapter 73. Unexpected monday.

"Oh no."

It was monday again, shit! How could the weekend have gone so fast? Last I remember I was playing games with Opera and making my homework. But its monday.. again.

I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in after stopping my demon alarm from screaming in my face. Immediately after I realized what a monday ment. Seeing Kiriwo, the guy who I had a promise with to give a liter of blood each week.

That really wasn't the problem this time though, because he had gone beresterk just a few days ago, trying to pry me away from Asmodeus. I mean, did he even make it out of the fire? Especially after that collar broke, what happened then? Was he alright?

Would he come at all today?

Now that I'm thinking about it, he might actually not be there this time.. and if he is, I can always run down the stairs of that tower because I doubt he has enough stamina to keep up with me. That will be good, a normal monday, one where he doesn't bother me or takes my blood. Even if that isn't totally his fault, but his brothers.

I sighed yet again, slowly getting out of bed, savoring every little second of the warmth that the blanket had given to me. I then walked to the bathroom slowly, Alikred scaring the hell out of me because he suddenly showed up behind me!

"Ali!" I whined. "Don't scare me like that!" I said, holding my chest. Alikred laughed slightly. "I already tried grabbing your attention, Iru-boy, however you never noticed me.." He said, changing his shape into that of a woman, fake crying dramatically. "Im sorry, Ali.." I apologized. "Its just that its monday again." I said, grabbing a toothbrush to brush my teeth.

"Mhm mhm.. So you're telling me you're too lazy to go to school now?" He playfully asked, circling around my head. I shook my head, putting toothpaste on the brush. "No, I have to go see that Kiriwo guy again.. I told you about that." I said, putting the toothbrush in my mouth. Alikred nodded. "Oh, I remember that, I very much do, but I doubt he will actually show up today." He said, making me interested. "Mhm?" I asked, my mouth full of bubbles.

"Well, first off, that collar isn't just any normal device. It takes a lot of energy from the body, leaving the person sick for weeks after its been used." He explained in simple terms. I nodded understanding, and he continued.

"This means that he will be deprived of mana and also means that if he does manage to get out of bed, he is very weak and you will likely be able to defeat him if need be." He explained happily. I nodded again, spitting out the bubbles, rinsing my mouth. "So does that mean I don't have to worry anymore?" I asked Alikred. I was hoping for a nod, but he shook his head instead.

"Unfortunately thats not the case.. That Kiriwo boy might be weak, but if he wanted to he would definitely be able to hurt you. Also, don't you have to worry about that 'Baal' guy too?" He asked me. I shook my head. "I don't think he will meddle yet.. and if he does Kiriwo probably won't be around. Baal is a lot more evil and wicked then Kiriwo is, because Baal isn't crazy. He wouldn't be one of the thirteen greats otherwise. Hes smart." I said, sighing. Alikred nodded slightly, seeming understanding.

"But what if he does show up?" He asked me. "What will you do then, will you fight?" He asked me. I responded by shaking my head. "I don't want to die." I responded. "I'll run away." I laughed. "I don't think he would ever come by himself though.. He seems a busy person, just like grandpa." I said, feeling smart for thinking so much.

Alikred nodded, leaving me and going back into the ring for the time being. I then got dressed, combing my hair afterwards. Once that was done I left to go for the dining table, where Opera and grandpa were waiting for me.

"Good morning Opera, good morning, grandpa!" I said happily, feeling a lot less stressed then when I woke up the first time. "Good morning, grandson." Grandpa said back, waving and smiling at me. "You seem to be quite happy today." He noticed. I nodded. "Im a bit optimistic today.. Haha." I said, laughing slightly. Opera then took me to the dinner table, handing me pills.