Chapter 43. The past.

"Please forgive me for asking you this, but what exactly happened to you in your past?"

I stared at him, not having a clue what to do. I was taken by suprise. I never once thought he would ask me this.

"S-sorry? C-could you repeat that..?" I stuttered, the anxiety rising in my chest. "What happened to you in your past?" He asked again.

"Y-you want to know?" I asked, stumbling over my words. "If its okay with you, then yes, I would.." He said, looking me in the eyes. "If your uncomfortable with it then you don't have to answer ofcourse!" He quickly added.

I shook my head. "N-no, its not that. I just.."

I didn't finish the sentance, I didn't know how to. I was scared. For a while I've been wanting to tell him what happened to me in my past, but I don't know how. How do I tell him what happened? And if I do tell him, should I also tell him im human? Because I know he will have even more questions after I've told him.

I want to tell him what happened, I really do.. its just.. I feel like I can't. I haven't told my grandpa this, or Opera. I've only vaguely told them, and they vaguely know the things what happened, but no more than that. They don't know either. I want to tell them, but im just so afraid. I don't know why. Maybe my mind thinks that if I tell them, they will act differently, or think differently of me, and I don't want that. I don't want to lose my family and friends because I told them my past, and I don't want them to change.

I stared at the wall, and curled up my legs, hugging them. I suffenly felt stressed out. Asmodeus must have noticed, because he also curled up next to me. The next thing he told me suprised me even more.

"I also have something I want to tell you that I just can't seem to say. I can see it in your eyes how much you want to tell me. Ive seen those eyes a lot." He paused, and took a deep breath before continuing. "If you'd like then maybe I could tell you mine first? Then that way it won't be so scary anymore."

I didn't look at him, I didn't have the courage to. I knew he was looking at me. This could be my chance to spill everything, to just get it out.

"Are you sure you want to..?" I asked. "Yes, I do. Its something thats been on my mind for a while now, but yesterday's events have made it spin in my head nonstop."

I nodded. "Okay then.." I said. I would tell him about my past, about my parents and more. But not about me being human, not yet. I'm not ready for that yet.

Eventually, Asmodeus began to talk. "Alright.. I'll begin." He then took a deep breath. I could feel his gaze leave my body, and looked at him. He looked depressed. "Today you asked me if I had a dad. I told you I didn't. Thats because he's resting, buried under the ground now.

You know how I told you I didn't really care if he was around or not?" He paused, I nodded.

"Well, that wasn't true. He wasn't a bad dad, he really wasn't. He was a goofball, and always embarrassed me in front of my family. He would always tease me about not having a girlfriend and being such a 'stuck up' as he called it. He was always there for me, in thick and thin.. and sometimes, I miss him, a lot." He looked at the ground. I noticed tears making their ways to his eyes as he spoke, his voice trembling. "Sometimes I see a dad with their kid, laughing, having a fun time together. And it reminds me so much of him. And all I want is just for him to come back, but I know hes never coming back. He will forever lay in that grave, and I will never see him again."

Tears slowly dripped from his face as he looked at the ground. He was shaking, and hugged his legs even tighter. I slowly moved next to him, wrapping my arms around him, and giving him a hug.