Chapter 29. Wings.

I slowly woke up from a dream that was now unfamiliar to me again. I felt someone shake my shoulder softly. "Wake up, Iruma. You will have to get up soon." The voice said sweetly.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "But I don't wanna go yet, what if I don't fly well?" I asked. "Don't worry, I'll be behind you." Opera said. I sat up, my head still fuzzy from yesterday.

Yesterday's events were a little weird. I had put my phone away on my desk and fell asleep. But before my mind could wander to dreamland, I heard someone call out to me.

"Iruma." The voice said.

I groggily looked up to see Opera and grandpa in front of me. "Im sorry to wake you up so abruptly, Iruma, but we need to talk." Opera said.

Opera looked at me with a sharp expression. Grandpa was looking from behind him, peeking over his shoulder.

What happened? Did I do something wrong? I sat up, my heavy limbs pushing my sleep ridden body up. I was almost asleep when they came in, but I guess I can't sleep yet, this sound urgent.

"As your teacher explained, tomorrow we will be going to the Ronove beach estate. We won't be going by carriage or bus." Opera said as he took the chair next to my bed, taking a seat on it.

"I don't get it.." I mumbled. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I felt so tired, however I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep just yet.

"We will be flying. Since you are a human and humans don't have any wings, this is a problem." He then said, grandpa nodding very hard in the background, holding his hands up as if he was determined to play his role.

"Huh?" I said, confused. I wasn't a demon after all. I was a human, and we don't have wings.

How would I ever be able to fly?

Grandpa then also took a chair, sitting next to Opera. "Since you are my precious grandson, I thought of a solution for you not having any wings. My solution was simple! I will just give you wings like ours!" He smiled proudly, to Opera's annoyance.

"You could have just used illusion magic." He said, looking bored again. "But you woke your grandson up for this."

Grandpa didn't take the feedback well. He looked at Opera and rolled his eyes. Eventually grandpa talked again. "They won't be real wings however, because its impossible to give you those. I do however have a near perfect replica wich we can stick it to your back." He boasted, smiling proudly.

"Its illegal, Sullivan sir." Opera then said, looking daggers into grandpa's eyes.

Grandpa ignored him and focused on me instead. "Come, we can try it out right now!" Grandpa said, smiling.

First off, how would that even work? I asked myself. Second, how would a fake pair of wings be able to fly? And third it's illegal!?

Grandpa then pulled me out of bed, dragging me with him. Opera was walking behind me, looking pissed. He took me to a room that looked like a big dressing room, a room I had never seen before. Standing there, I felt small compared to the room itself. How could I have missed a room like this?

Opera was searching in the closet. Eventually he pulled out a black sack that looked like one of the skiing sacks I had to carry for my job. Well, it was unpaid but still.

He then hesitantly handed it to grandpa, who in return opened it and showed it. "Tadaa! Look at this beautiful thing!" He shouted, holding it up in the sky.

It looked exactly like a pair of wings. It actually looked pretty creepy, like someone had chopped up a pair of wings and sold it. It looked so real it was almost unsettling.