Chapter 12. Gravestones.

I opened my eyes, and looked around. Where was I? I was sitting on top of a mountain. There was a bed of mud beneath me and dead tree besides me. And I was sitting against.. is this a gravestone?

I stood up and brushed the dirt away from my pants and then proceeded to look at the gravestone. I crouched down to read the small, dirty letters that were carved onto the tomb. "The boy who hung himself at dawn."

Underneath it there was another small carve. It read "Im sorry."

Did someone die here? Thats horrible.

I jumped when I suddenly I heard footsteps coming from the mud. There was a tall figure walking towards me, the body of a man, he had a deep black cape surrounding his body and face, and held a black rose in hand, Is that the grim reaper?

It walked up to me but stopped abruptly when it spotted me. I coulden't see his face, but sounded like he was faintly crying. "Iruma? Iruma? Is that you? Iruma? Im so sorry master. Please say something? Iruma please? I didn't mean to."

"Iruma? Iruma?"

"Iruma, wake up!"

My eyes shot open.

Groggily I looked up to see Opera standing over me. Had I been sleeping?

"I have made you dinner, your clothes are on the other side of the bed. And oh, your grandpa will be attending aswell, so please hurry."

"Okay, thank you Opera."

"I'll be at the table if you need me. Also, Sullivan is still in a really bad mood, so please don't bother him too much. I'll take my leave now."

He then swiftly walked out and closed the door.

I guess he's going to pretend nothing happened.

I slowly got up, still a little lost in the dream. Who was that person? And were they crying for me?

Doesn't matter, its just a dream. I picked up my clothes and started to undress my pajamas, while I put on my other clothes. They were one of my normal school clothes. Of course grandpa would make me wear those. The school is his pride after all.

Once I was done changing I took a deep breath and walked to the living room.

There I saw grandpa sitting, talking at the table with Opera who was standing next to the table.

Opera noticed that I had walked in and walked away. Probably to the kitchen. I went to sit on my chair.

Hi grandpa, I waved, not knowing what to do. He waved back, although it looked more like he was threatening me than actually waving back. He is a scary demon when hes stressed.

The silence was piercing, endless, just like the eyes that were staring at me from the other side of the table.

I was relieved when Opera finally came back. He had brought all kinds of delicious meals with him.

Opera then broke the silence. "So, today for the main dish we have tattelfish with green deelons and a sauce made from blood mellons with a little bit of blue ginger. I also made an extra healthy soup for Iruma."

Grandpa nodded. "Thank you Opera, why don't you join us for today?"

Opera then responded with "Thank you sir." and a bow.

The attention was now straight on me. It made me anxious.

"So now grandson, could you tell me how the demand went?" Grandpa asked, his tone very serious.

"The demand went okay." I said, stuttering a bit. I was getting more and more nervous by the second.

He then nodded. "Could you tell me what you had to do?"