Chapter 48. Condolences.

"They both died."

I read the message, shocked. W-what? No that can't be right! I must have read it wrong, right..? Oh god, thats absolutely horrible.

I felt guilty, very guilty. They aren't fine, they arent fine at all! I shouldn't have asked if they would be. I read the message again, and again and again before I was able to respond. Her line went quiet.

"Thats horrible, I'm so sorry Clara.. You and your family have my condolences. That you are even able to go to school at all is suprising, I would never be able to go, im not that strong. So don't force yourself to come to school, your health is more important to me and Azz than your studies.

You don't have to appear happy at all, and if you feel like crying you can cry and we will help you. Don't force yourself to do anything, and try to spend much time with your family, if you need help we are here for you, remember that. We love you."

I sent her the message, hoping it would make her feel a little better. She read it, but didn't respond.  I told Asmodeus what was going on, he also sent her an encouraging message, and we talked untill it was late.Eventually Opera knocked at the door. "Can I come in?" He asked. "Yeah, come in!" I said, he opened the door. He stepped inside but waited near the door with a glass of milk. "I was suprised to hear you were still awake. Usually I just hear you snoring instead of moving." He said, walking to me and putting the milk on the bedside table.

"Yeah, I can't sleep." I said, yawning. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked, I shook my head. "No, its alright, I already talked to Azz about it." I said. He then nodded.

"Thats fine. By the way.." Opera began. "You still have those wings on your back, right? Would you like them off?" I nodded. "Yeah, I still have them, and yes please take them off, they are uncomfortable."

I said, smiling slightly. He nodded, taking me back to the weird closet room again, and removed the wings with ease. Once we were done I felt a lot lighter than before, it felt as if I was floating. I feel sorry for all of demon kind, having such heavy wings sucks. Its like walking with a backpack full of books on your back for the entirety of your life. And I already dislike carrying my school books and snacks around.

Ofcourse I could just give my bag to Azz or Clara but that would be rude and makes me uncomfortable. Anyways Opera walked me back to bed, and tucked me in after I drank a glass of milk.

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" Opera asked. "You have been awefully quiet." I smiled at him. "Im fine, really. I'm just tired." He nodded.

"Go ahead and rest well, master Iruma. If you don't we won't play any games tomorrow." He said, joking around. "Operaaa..!" I complained. "You are so cruel sometimes!" I said, huffing and turning my body away from him. "Excuse me, I'll be leaving now." He said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight.." I muttered back, my eyes slowly drooping.

Opera closed the door quietly, and I went into dreamland again.

Once I opened my eyes again, I was placed on grass, the grass looked a bit withered, as if it hadn't gotten any water for a while. I rubbed my eyes, how did I come here? Did I fall asleep here? I looked around, all I could see was a smashed gravestone with my name on it. Oh, I was back here again. How many times have I been here? Six I times im pretty sure.

Next to my ruined grave was a new gravestone. It looked the same as my smashed one exept for one little detail, the smashed one was dirty and just laying there. I looked around some more, and noticed a girl, crying.

She sobbed into her hands, her eyes were red and her head looked down. She wasn't crying near my grave, so I went ahead and looked over at the grave she was crying on.