Chapter 13. Messages are knives.

Nmm..

I opened my eyes, feeling the warm embrace slowly fade away. It was just a dream, like I thought it was.

It felt so depressing and at the same time I felt so happy too. I really do wonder..

I could see the window from here, the sky looked sunny, with no clouds hanging above it. I just had to get sick in summer. I could have been enjoying this day with Asmodeus and Clara. To think of it how late is it?

I looked over at my desk where my clock usually stood, instead the clock was no where to be found.

Did they take my bird? I took a quick look around, spotting the bird on the other side of the room, far away from my bed. It was also turned around, facing away from me. Did someone do this on purpose? Ughhh...

Why do you have to make me get out of bed? It's warm and I feel safe here.

I hesitantly pulled of my cozy blanket and walked up to my clock, turning it around so I could read the small numbers. "1.42 pm"

It's already that late? I have to get to-

Hold up, thats not right. I'm not going to school, I'm sick. How could I forget that?

After a while of having nothing to do and getting bored of imagining my classmates having fun without me, decided to check my phone. I opened up my screen, suddenly very suprised.

"94 unread messages"

I had.. how many messages? I read it again.

"95 unread messages"

Wait, why are there suddenly more, am I being spammed?

I opened up the app, to see multiple group chats full of little messages. Most where sent yesterday, around the time I got home.

Elizabetta: "Hey Iruma! I heard what happened, I hope you feel better soon! <3"

Leid: "Hey, don't force yourself to come back to school early, but if you do, lets play some more games!"

Sabro: "Hello there, rival! I heard thou has been riddled with sickness, thereby I wish thou would get better soon, so I can battle against thi ability's yet again!"

The whole class? Everyone send me messages?

They care for me?

One by one, I read the messages. There was one from everyone. How come I only saw Asmodeus's?

I scrolled and scrolled untill there was only one left. Its from.. Clara? Doesn't she hate me? Maybe she's just here to make fun of me.

No, shut up head. She would never do that. Shes problaly here to wish me well. Thats all.

"To Iruma-chie.

I'm sorry for acting like a child all the time and being anoying. I really wanted to say goodbye too. Im sorry I got mad, I'm just sad. You always end up spending more time with other people, and it hurts. I don't want red haired lady to take you away, or that stupid flame boy. I just want to play with you too.

Will you please forgive me? You are my only friend and I don't want to lose you.

I really do hope that you will get better soon!

Ps, I don't actually hate you.

--Clara

She also send about 300 heart and crying emoji's throughout the text. Mostly cry emoji's.

Nonetheless, her text almost made me cry myself. Everyone really cares about me. Everyone. I just never tried getting close to anyone. Maybe I am just scared. Maybe I'm scared of being betrayed again, like I've been about a dozen times before, maybe I'm scared because they are demons.