Chapter 62. 3am Calls.

"He's going to kill you." I said, repeating myself, my voice shaking, just like the hands I was holding the phone with. Asmodeus stayed silent for a while, before answering. "No he won't." I could hear him smiling trough the phone, it pissed me off. "Yes he will." I replied. "He will do anything to make my life more miserable!" I said, half yelling, half crying.

"It will be alright." He said, promising me. "Trust me, he won't be able to lay a hand on me. When I see him ill burn him to ashes." He was dead serious as he talked, yet I could hear his smile.

His smile annoyed me slightly, but I knew he was trying to help me, and so I didn't mind too much, after all I was already curled up against the bed wall, crying loudly as I listened to him talk. He listened to me, telling me all kinds of sweet things, to help me cheer up. Things such as, "I will make sure he doesn't hurt you." and things like, "I will break every single bone in his body, twice." but he also said things such as "If you ever need to talk about it, or if youre afraid, you can come talk to me about it." wich cheered me up the most.

I sighed, frustrated. He was so sweet to me, and so kind, and even if I knew he was both extremely conserned and angry right now, he still smiled for me. So to get myself off of the sad topic, for a while, I began asking him stuff. "Why are you still awake anyways?" I asked, huffing, half crying.

"Oh, don't worry about that." He said, coughing. "I just- Ehh-" He said, making up excuses. "Tell me." I demanded. After all, what sane person would stay up till 3am? Asmodeus coughed again. "I was just.. thinking about doing stuff..!" He said, coughing more. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Stuff about.."
"About?"
"Us.."
"What do you mean, Azz?"
"Nothing."
"Tell me."
"Don't worry about it, master Iruma."
"But I want to know..?"

"You don't.." Asmodeus then replied, seeming embarrassed. "Lets just say its about today, in the classroom.." I huffed, he obviously didn't want to tell me what it was about, so we moved on to the less happy topic, because Azz wanted to know the full story.

"You told me about you and Kiriwo going to a tower every monday, and you said he hurt you there. You don't need to answer me if you don't want to, but what exactly did he do to you there?" Asmodeus asked, his voice full of consern.

I took a deep breath before answering. "Needles.." The phone stayed quiet for a while, before Azz asked again. "Does he make you take drugs?" He asked me. "N-no..?" I said, a bit confused. "Well hes drugged me a few times.. but its not what he does every monday.."

I laughed to myself slightly, probably from the stress of telling him this, after all, I wasn't ready to tell him yet, im not ready to tell him im a human. Im not ready to tell anyone, not Clara, Azz or Ameri, no one. But soon I will have to, because who knows what Kiriwo's going to do? I sure don't. But I do know that he will do anything to hurt me, and since I got Azz involved..

Asmodeus replied to me after a while of silence. "Then what does he do? If not drug you, then what?" He asked. I answered vaguely. "He experiments.." I replied to him, hearing my own echo trough the phone. "Experiments?" He asked. "What kind..?" His voice was softer than before, trying to be calming just for me, but it wasn't working, because I didn't want to tell him any more about the blood deal.

"Is that why youre always sick?" He asked, very worried. "Mhm mhm." I responded, confirming it. I then took a deep breath. "Once Clara is back, lets talk, the three of us together. Ill tell you all about it then." I said, the anxiety in my chest rising.

"When will that be?" Asmodeus asked worriedly. "I don't know, but soon.." I said, laughing from the anxiety in my chest. "Ill text you once we can.." I said. I yawned slightly, Asmodeus following my lead from the other side of the phone. "You should sleep." He said, yawning again. "Did you mean we?" I asked him, a bit playful. I could hear embarrassed noises coming from his phone. "Ill give you a tip why I can't sleep.." He then said, also a bit playful. "Sleeping together." He then added.